Question for coffee lovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: aztec12
Whats your favorite brand or method of making coffee?

• Caribou's Costa Rica
  • Starbucks Guatemala
  • Starbucks Kenya

I usually buy several pounds of beans at a time and grind them on a Breville burr-grinder immediately before brewing, using a cone-type coffee maker.

Home roast PB & J blend (Panama, Brazil and Java)
If you haven't roasted your own you're really missing out!
If you want further info , message me ;-)

My2c
Jorge

Originally Posted By: aztec12
Whats your favorite brand or method of making coffee?

I buy green beans from CoffeeBeanDirect.com and roast them myself. I vary the origin and type of the beans each time I buy them. So far my favorite has been Pea Berry coffee beans from Tanzania. When I become rich and famous, I'm gonna buy Kona beans from Hawaii.

Tanz PB is good stuff , try adding in some Java or Sumatra :)
The co-ops have lots of good stuff when it comes in. I live abt a half hour from the Andeano warehouse, so I can get that direct,Columbian Supremo for under $2- /lb makes me a happy boy

Originally Posted By: NYEngineer

My wife's Aunt was raised in Brazil and she makes some kind of coffee-espresso hybrid where she puts the grounds in some sort of a sock/ strainer and pours hot water through it. It's awesome.

We have a winner. Brazilian method coffee simply is unbeatable.

I don't know if this should be in a separate topic: sweetening your coffee.

I make a syrup by boiling brown sugar dissolved in water and with orange peels, cloves and a cinnamon stick.

Anybody else have a favorite syrup/method for sweetening coffee?

I read somewhere that instant coffee is all the rage in Europe. Is there any truth to that? I don't know how anybody can drink that stuff, but to each his own.

Standard drip machine.
1.6 or 1.7 oz coffee per 12 cups
Folgers Columbian - 1oz
Mix of beans, ground on the store machine - .6 or .7 oz.

I measure the coffee into the coffee filter on an electronic postal scale. It's quick, easy, and most of all, consistant. It only takes about five seconds longer to make a cup of coffee using the scale to measure the coffee grounds.

Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
I read somewhere that instant coffee is all the rage in Europe. Is there any truth to that? I don't know how anybody can drink that stuff, but to each his own.

That's probably true for the UK. Surely coffee grinders have been banned there by now due to inherent risk of death by untrained amateur barista.

I can understand banning coffee grinders.

A guy in our club used to mill his shotgun powders in a coffee grinder to speed their burn rate up.

Toby's Estate Wooloomooloo blend as a 'flat white' (think that's a bit of an Oz drink, less crema than a cappuccino and no chocolate sprinkles) or a Macchiato, ditto Antilles (a local roaster, but not sure not sure of the particular roast we get) and Sacred Grounds (organic)

Want to try some straight roasts (non blends) but not much opportunity in the bush.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: wavinwayne

That's probably true for the UK. Surely coffee grinders have been banned there by now due to inherent risk of death by untrained amateur barista.

crackmeup2.gif

The instant coffee became popular in England when TV became popular. They could not brew tea properly during the commercial breaks so coffee companies like Maxwell House seized on that opportunity and introduced coffee that could be made within the limits of a commercial break.

The tea industry's answer was to come up with tea bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back