Aging Coffee Beans for Better Flavor

Other than grinding fresh and using fresh filtered water, my personal observation is that I cannot taste the difference from opening the bag, then letting it sit out sealed back up or pouring in to mason jars with good seals. So I have not been doing the Mason jar thing for a while. Probable not going back.

I go through 5 lbs in two months. Amazon scheduled delivery. It's more than I use but I figure it's better to have an extra 5 lbs around and ride out the price hikes. I get 5 lbs of decaf about every 4 months. Both come in the Mylar lined bags and I transfer to plastic screw on top containers when I open the bag.

The only aged beans I know about first hand is the aged Sumatran. Peets has the best aged Sumatran I’ve ever had. Honestly, I don’t know the process they use, but I suspect the aging is done before
Roasting as another post has suggested.

If you love a unique coffee experience try Peet’s aged Sumatra. The favor is a bit smokey, but not overpowering or intrusive. It’s Not a pricey coffee either like Jamaican Bue Mountain or Hawaiian Kona. I’ve had those on location, but nowadays the prices charged are just gouging the consumer.

Z

I prefer the word "Perfectionist"
Spot on.

The only aged beans I know about first hand is the aged Sumatran. Peets has the best aged Sumatran I’ve ever had. Honestly, I don’t know the process they use, but I suspect the aging is done before
Roasting as another post has suggested.

If you love a unique coffee experience try Peet’s aged Sumatra. The favor is a bit smokey, but not overpowering or intrusive. It’s Not a pricey coffee either like Jamaican Bue Mountain or Hawaiian Kona. I’ve had those on location, but nowadays the prices charged are just gouging the consumer.

Z
Over the years, I've enjoyed some of Peet's aged coffee and have enjoyed the offerings. Thanks for reminding me about them.

on the other hand... somebody actually invented kopi luwak.

Was not exactly invented. I think “discovered” might be a more apt word. I mean, I’ve eaten pizza that dropped on the ground because I was hungry enough, but there’s a lot more coffee where I’d hope they didn’t need to go that far.

Back