Quality Aftermarket Bushing brands for Dodge/Chrysler?

Hi all,

I need to replace a bunch of suspension bushings (upper/lower control arm) on my 3rd gen Dodge Durango.

Dodge doesn't sell the bushings separately, I'd have to buy an entire new control arm with new bushings already pressed in.

The old OEM bushings have a chrysler logo molded in to them, I don't see any other manufacturer ID.

Looks like I have a few aftermarket choices, NAPA, Moog, and a few others I've never heard of. Searching for all these brands seems to turn up mixed reviews, there's no clear winner.

Any recommendations please on what aftermarket bushing brands are usually top quality? I can save a few hundred bucks if I only do the bushings vs. buy new arms, but I don't want to have to do this job again twice as soon because of inferior parts.

thank you

If you're turning up XRF or Proforged, I've used and like both of those. Moog quality isn't what it used to be. NAPA is probably a safe choice. AC/Delco is showing on Rock Auto, but the bushing went bad in a year on the last AC/Delco control arm I used.

Originally Posted by Scuder
If you're turning up XRF or Proforged, I've used and like both of those. Moog quality isn't what it used to be. NAPA is probably a safe choice. AC/Delco is showing on Rock Auto, but the bushing went bad in a year on the last AC/Delco control arm I used.

NAPA is usually Mevotech these days.

OP, most of the aftermarket stuff is fairly similar. At best, you can expect a few years.

Originally Posted by wolfestone
Hi all,

I need to replace a bunch of suspension bushings (upper/lower control arm) on my 3rd gen Dodge Durango.

Dodge doesn't sell the bushings separately, I'd have to buy an entire new control arm with new bushings already pressed in.

The old OEM bushings have a chrysler logo molded in to them, I don't see any other manufacturer ID.

Looks like I have a few aftermarket choices, NAPA, Moog, and a few others I've never heard of. Searching for all these brands seems to turn up mixed reviews, there's no clear winner.

Any recommendations please on what aftermarket bushing brands are usually top quality? I can save a few hundred bucks if I only do the bushings vs. buy new arms, but I don't want to have to do this job again twice as soon because of inferior parts.

thank you

It may help if you provide vehicle info like year, model and engine size. 3rd generation doesn't help much.

Originally Posted by Trav
Originally Posted by wolfestone
Hi all,

thank you

It may help if you provide vehicle info like year, model and engine size. 3rd generation doesn't help much.

Sorry, 2012 Durango R/T RWD, 5.7 hemi v8, 6 speed auto.

Originally Posted by The Critic
Originally Posted by Scuder

NAPA is usually Mevotech these days.

OP, most of the aftermarket stuff is fairly similar. At best, you can expect a few years.

Thank you guys,

For reference, how long would you expect the OE Dodge part to last vs. say the Mevotech/Napa please?

(haven't seen XRF or Proforged yet, mainly Napa then Duralast, ACDelco and some other unrecognized brands on ebay etc.

Would be awesome if I could figure out who the OE supplier was.

Nobody makes any urethane bushings for this application sadly. Heck, even the sway bar bushings are non-replaceable, have to buy an entire swaybar
shocked.gif

Last edited:
Those look like a decent product, all I can say is give them a try. The aftermarket alternatives are not very promising, I have thrown Moog bushings in the trash because it cost more to ship them back rather than use them, the quality was very poor and made in India, short time failure was guaranteed.

Interesting (to me). Siberian bushings are made in Russia. https://siberianbushing.com/about Please follow up with your results so we can consider this as a good option. Thanks!
Not specific to this application, but i did try some siberian lower control arm and front sway bar bushings in the wife's 2015 Subaru Forester which is notoriously bad on front bushings.

Well... the siberians are shot within 2 years and about 25,000 km. The whiteline in a different position on the same arm has been going strong for about 4 years. Going back to whiteline now.

Also the siberians were much noisier (despite using ample lube on install)

Reactions: D60
Back