quaker state

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on now, you know what PhD stands for, right? Piled high and Deep.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Sure. It has a high viscosity indexed base stock like the rest of them, it uses a Lubrizoil additive package like most of them, and it uses some esters as seal conditioners like all of them do.

It is a very good HM oil. And before someone throws a snide Slick 50 comment in there, they took it out.

Thats funny you mentioned that QS took out the Slick 50. When choosing an HM oil for the Blazer I was looking at the QS and saw the Slick 50 label on the corner of the QS bottle. That eliminated QS as a choice, for me. Maybe Slick 50 is good I wouldnt really know, Im mostly here lurking and learning. But to me Slick 50 is synonymous with Sat. morning informercials when I was a kid. You always wondered if it was a 30 min. [censored]. commercial....

Slick50 in its current incarnation is not the teflon-based additive of old. It's more like a stout addy pack, right Johnny?

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
So what' on tap for this month's oil change experiment Bigman?

How about 1.23 quarts of Quakerstate, 2 quarts of Maxlife, a pint of brake fluid, another quart of Amsoil (we know you LOVE Amsoil), and rinse it all down good with some brake clean.

That should resolve the foaming issues you had with your last experiment.

You may not remember my wacky fill I did in the 9-5 once. Here's a refresher...
LOL.gif

DSCN5169.jpg

Originally Posted By: BrianWC

How about 1.23 quarts of Quakerstate, 2 quarts of Maxlife, a pint of brake fluid, another quart of Amsoil (we know you LOVE Amsoil), and rinse it all down good with some brake clean.

LOL.gif

DSCN5169.jpg

My Ranger takes 5 qts. Lets say I used 5 diff. brands of oil. Using dino,blend,and full syn, but all the same viscosity. Is there any harm in doing this?

Originally Posted By: Superbuick96
Originally Posted By: BrianWC

LOL.gif

DSCN5169.jpg

My Ranger takes 5 qts. Lets say I used 5 diff. brands of oil. Using dino,blend,and full syn, but all the same viscosity. Is there any harm in doing this?

Nope

And before someone throws a snide Slick 50 comment in there, they took it out.

Took it out and now package it with Pennzoil YB.
I saw a prepackaged oil change deal at Pep Boys yesterday that included a bottle of Slick 50 and 4 or 5 qts (don't remember how many) of yellow bottle.

Kind of makes you want to
37.gif

bmoc, it's comments like that, that get you labeled a troll. The slick 50 is gone from pennz HM and never was in PYB or QS. Of course, that's already been said in this thread.
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: Superbuick96
Sure. It has a high viscosity indexed base stock like the rest of them, it uses a Lubrizoil additive package like most of them, and it uses some esters as seal conditioners like all of them do.

It is a very good HM oil. And before someone throws a snide Slick 50 comment in there, they took it out.

Thats funny you mentioned that QS took out the Slick 50. When choosing an HM oil for the Blazer I was looking at the QS and saw the Slick 50 label on the corner of the QS bottle. That eliminated QS as a choice, for me. Maybe Slick 50 is good I wouldnt really know, Im mostly here lurking and learning. But to me Slick 50 is synonymous with Sat. morning informercials when I was a kid. You always wondered if it was a 30 min. [censored]. commercial....

he says slick 50 is in there... read his post. maybe he is a troll?

It seems to me that you do not understand what you read. I said no such thing. So read this.

1. Shell completely changed the formulation of Slick 50 four years ago. It DOES NOT have PTFE (teflon) in it anymore. It is a 10W-30 carrier oil with an overload of AW and FM additives in it.

2. As a stupid marketing ploy about three years ago, they put this new Slick 50 in the Quaker State HM oils (NOT the Pennzoil HM oil). Also in a stupid marketing move, they packaged the new Slick 50 is some special 4 quart packages of both Pennzoil and Quaker State oils.

3. The new Quaker State HM oil does not have the Slick 50 in it and it is not on the label of the new oils. They have also quit marketing the special packs. If you see one of the special packs at some chain parts store, it is left over inventory.

And by the way bigmanoncampus, that link you provided is from 1996. We are now in the 21st century in case you missed it, it is 2009.

Johnny,

Thank you kind sir for the clarification. Both on the slick 50 and the current year of our lord.

Go johnny go go

thank you

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bigmanoncampus
Johnny,

Thank you kind sir for the clarification. Both on the slick 50 and the current year of our lord.

Go johnny go go

thank you

It's difficult to discern if this guy is fecitious or serious in his posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back