Quaker State Ultimate Protection 5W-30

Great Sampling test! Thanks for sending it off. Now as you've seen we get to kick the tires a bit on it. Seems like it's a solid run of the mill synthetic.

Got the sample back. Looks good for $23 bucks
Don't know why you spent money on a VOA, as it doesn't show much.
MANY parts of a modern DP/AW are not seen in this analysis as they are ashless.

The best stuff I have run recently have been QS FS 10W30 and Valvoline Advanced 5W30.

I have a jug of QS FS 10W30 on deck for my Ford. Hope to give it a drain and a drink this week!

- Ken

3194652D-3679-41C2-9FFA-B1A8CA29AB6B.jpeg

Don't know why you spent money on a VOA, as it doesn't show much.
MANY parts of a modern DP/AW are not seen in this analysis as they are ashless.

The best stuff I have run recently have been QS FS 10W30 and Valvoline Advanced 5W30.

I have a jug of QS FS 10W30 on deck for my Ford. Hope to give it a drain and a drink this week!

- Ken
Your welcome
But you didn’t mind reading it for free did you

How does this sample compare to valvoline’s new extended protection?
I know this sample is 0w-20 but the additives appear to be the same for the 5w-30
Valvoline has higher Moly, which is interesting. But it is priced higher typically...
So, if price was equal I would personally choose Valvoline EP. But since its not I have been going with QS.

So yeah, it's the same, exact oil, as QSFS. I'm not surprised in the least, as this is a SOPUS product...

So, not the exact same, but similar, of course.
If you account for the fact that different labs tested the samples, that Blackstone doesn't provide the most accurate results, and margin of error... then yes, they're the same.

Back