Quaker State Synthetic at Auto Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
My local Auto Zone has Quaker State Full Synthetic (Group III??) on sale. Five Quarts plus a Bosch filter for something like $25.99 (can't remember the exact price). Their price for individual quarts is $5.99.

My question; Is Quaker State and Pennsoil the same company and if so, is Quaker State Synthetic (in the clear bottles) and Pennsoil Platinum the same thing?

I'm going to try to talk with the store manager to see if I can get six quarts and no filter, for the same price. Don't think they will do it, but I will try.

Wally World has 5 quart QS Horsepower for 18.00 (I took last 3 5w20 jugs at my local store
19.gif
)

Last edited:
If I wasn't goin to use a group IV or V based oil, I would run the Q synthetics. I Believe it's the best bang for the buck and have seen some good UOAs with people using it.

Originally Posted By: ctrcbob
I just picked up that 5 quart bottle at WalMart for $18.00. Also noticed that except for color, the 5 quart bottles of QS and PP are identical, plus they are distributed by the same company in Texas.

That would be Shell oil which acquired both after Pennzoil acquired Quaker State as both had been long time competitors based in Pennsylvania and retain a 'Quaker State' theme in their logos despite the fact they've been both based in Texas and refine their crude from a variety of sources not called Pennsylvania...

pp qs and walmarts brand super tech synthetic are all the same exct oil. pp $23.50 for a 5 quart jug. Q $18 5 quart jug. supertech synthetic $17.50 5 quart jug. the pp is more because of advertising. they are all xactly the same oils its cheaper for them to package them in different containers than package different oils. same oils same additive packages different stickers.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: torrin
pp qs and walmarts brand super tech synthetic are all the same exct oil. pp $23.50 for a 5 quart jug. Q $18 5 quart jug. supertech synthetic $17.50 5 quart jug. the pp is more because of advertising. they are all xactly the same oils its cheaper for them to package them in different containers than package different oils. same oils same additive packages different stickers.

This is very much not true.

pp qs and walmarts brand super tech synthetic are all the same exct oil. same oils same additive packages different stickers.
I've got a flash for you: today isn't April 1st.

i used to work at a packaging plant the oil came from the same exact drums went into 4 different containers. work at hickman eggs and shamrock dairy too. all the eggs you get all the milk you get are exactly the same just different containers. walmart brand milk comes from shamrock frys safeway ect. all from shamrock. different stickers. all the egg brands fpr wa;,art safeway frys organic ect all the same different packaging. i used to fix machinery at all these different plants.

Last edited:
I found Quaker State synthetic oil to be excellent no matter what group it's considered. In my Dodge Durango 4.7 liter it performed well throughout it's 3K trial.

Overall I still prefer Mobil 1 BUT I have no issues going back to "Q".

Durango

ok. you wanna make a wager on that.

I'm usually not a betting man. I will just this time. If I win, you never come back to this website.
cheers3.gif

i used to work at a packaging plant the oil came from the same exact drums went into 4 different containers. work at hickman eggs and shamrock dairy too. all the eggs you get all the milk you get are exactly the same just different containers. walmart brand milk comes from shamrock frys safeway ect. all from shamrock. different stickers. all the egg brands fpr wa;,art safeway frys organic ect all the same different packaging. i used to fix machinery at all these different plants.

Just check the VOAs...

THE ONLY THING POSSIBLE IS THE ADDITIVE PACKAGE WAS IN THE RETAIL CONTAINERS AND THE BASE OIL WAS THE SAME. THE ONLY LOGOS ON THE DRUMS WERE SYNTHETIC AND DINO.
BUT SEEMS LIKE ALOT OF WORK TO DO IT LIKE THAT

THE ONLY THING POSSIBLE IS THE ADDITIVE PACKAGE WAS IN THE RETAIL CONTAINERS AND THE BASE OIL WAS THE SAME. THE ONLY LOGOS ON THE DRUMS WERE SYNTHETIC AND DINO.
BUT SEEMS LIKE ALOT OF WORK TO DO IT LIKE THAT

The drums were actually labelled "DINO"?
bsmeter60.gif

NO WHAT IM SAYING IS THE OIL CAME FROM THE SAME PLACE AND WENT INTO 4 DIFFERENT CONTAINERS FOR 4 DIFFERENT BRANDS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back