Quaker State Peak Performance Users ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all of you Quaker State Peak Performance users,
how do you find this oil ? how about 5w20,
just changed back to QS 500 km ago , so far seeems very smooth
and quiet
decided to try it again after many oil changes ago,since it is always available at Canadian Tire
any other thoughts on this, I just may stick with this for a while

It's a fine oil. I've used it in the past in my wife's Expedition with good results. No reason to spend more. QS is excellent oil.

QS =
thumbsup2.gif

I've been using 5w-20 QS in my 2005 Grand caravan, I think it's a great buy and a good oil, it's usually cheaper than Pennzoil/Castrol.

It's a very inexpensive oil at $9.27 for 5 quarts. According to Johnny, it's not made from as good of a base stock as Pennzoil, and the additives are a bit cheaper, but I wouldn't hesitate to use it in something that wasn't very hard on oil.

Excellent oil.
01.gif

My uncle's 1993 Explorer just passed 200k and has only used QS 5w-30 and 10w-30 every 6 months (about 6-7k) and Motor craft filters. (pain in the #$%^& to get to)

Still running great. It is having some rust issues right now so it will prob end up 5 years being junked due to the body going away.
15.gif

I'd use it with no concerns. It is less than $10 still for 5 quarts everyday. Castrol GTX is $13, Vavoline is $11, Halvoline is around $10.50 and Pennzoil is $12.

I have not seen it on sale for it's normal on sale price of 69-89 cents a quart for about a year now. With CSK being bought those deals are gone gone gone.

Take care, bill

The thing about QS is I don't know if I would want to use an oil from a company that puts slick 50 in any of their products...

Originally Posted By: whitesands
The thing about QS is I don't know if I would want to use an oil from a company that puts slick 50 in any of their products...

It wouldn't matter. The current Slick 50 formula doesn't have any harmful substances in it.

Originally Posted By: blackhondaccord
To all of you Quaker State Peak Performance users,
how do you find this oil ? how about 5w20,
just changed back to QS 500 km ago , so far seeems very smooth
and quiet
decided to try it again after many oil changes ago,since it is always available at Canadian Tire
any other thoughts on this, I just may stick with this for a while

-just thought i'd mention that I'v been previously running pennzoil yb 5w20,
and there is and seems to be a slight/noticable difference in how free the engine seems to rev with QS ,could this be real or does QS actually have additives that do reduce friction ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back