Quaker State High-RPM 10W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I scored 11 qts of this oil at O'Reilly for $0.99 each. Here is the technical data for this oil. I like everything except for the NOACK % number, which seems quite high. Is this due to the conventional part of this blend? Does anyone have any experience with this oil?
BTW, this is going into my 07 Mazda CX-7, 2.3L Turbo, fuel dilute happy!

Thanks!

Rick

I'm going to guess that, just as Q-torque provides unbeaten torque, and Q-horsepower provides unsurpassed bhp, this oil should be unexceeded in its ability to allow your mill to turn Rs. Many oils may match it, but none will exceed it.
Actually, any oil will match it.

You know that I was being sarcastic?
I would think the oil would be as good as any other SOPUS product, so it should be quite good.

I know you were being sarcastic! Still, doesn't answer my questions!!
wink.gif

Anyway, for $0.99 each and knowing is a good brand, it does look VERY attractive!!

Camu,

I agree! Also, did you notice the Viscosity Index? It's only 138....very low which suggests very little to no VI Improver.

Lastly, the date code says it was blended back in April of 2005. The technical data sheets are from May 2007....maybe that number is off.

Noack is high. Almost doesn't meet the ester oils but usually not that high.

Not sure what the mix ratio is today, but back in 2005 the Q synthetic blend was around 70% Group II and 30% Group III. It has a good add pack and should work well in your Mazda.

Quote:

that deal sucked. Free after rebate at oreilly auto parts. started 9/26
tounge2.gif

Actually, that's the deal I was at O'Reilly's for! I was going to pick up the Q Advance, but after seeing the High RPM for $0.99, the long wait (4-6 weeks) it takes to get the money back and the girl at the counter telling me they've had problems with the credits before, I decided to pay very little for all 11qts and not risk it.

I'll be changing my oil soon, and of course, will post a UOA!

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back