Quaker State Full Synthetic Oil

Just to be sure…assuming the sarcastic remarks can be held back:

QS ‘Full Synthetic” is the new QSUD?
But the “new” Pennzoil “Full Synthetic” is beneath Platinum in the marketing hierarchy….I mean quality hierarchy?

Last edited:
And those computers were housed in a huge air conditioned room:D
Took a FORTRAN class in college. To complete an assignment I'd give the grad assistant behind the counter the stack of key punch cards I'd spent hours on, he'd take them into that huge room, and I'd wait for several hours to get the dot matrix printout. Then locate the errors, usually a missing or misplaced comma or period. Correct the error(s) and repeat the process a couple more times until it printed out a graphic composed of "x's". Finally aced the course but what a waste of time.

Took a FORTRAN class in college. To complete an assignment I'd give the grad assistant behind the counter the stack of key punch cards I'd spent hours on, he'd take them into that huge room, and I'd wait for several hours to get the dot matrix printout. Then locate the errors, usually a missing or misplaced comma or period. Correct the error(s) and repeat the process a couple more times until it printed out a graphic composed of "x's". Finally aced the course but what a waste of time.
Us programmers refer to that Formula Transfer language as ForTrash. Which it is. ASK Manman was coded in ForTrash. Stupid.

Us programmers refer to that Formula Transfer language as ForTrash. Which it is. ASK Manman was coded in ForTrash. Stupid.
I just needed the credits and never got into programming. I remember someone telling me in 1975 that telecommunications was something to get into. I thought, "Pfft... everyone has a telephone. Can't be a future in that."
Dumb_and_Dumber.1.jpg

And theys both part of s-Hell which is 666 so they're the devils oil and ill be dam_ned before i put the devils oil in my good christian shebbie beeate moedurs.
Next thing you know we are gonna have 5G wireless oils, they are already too thin! Thanks Bill Gates!

I haven't laughed this hard in awhile, thank you.

Just to be sure…assuming the sarcastic remarks can be held back:

QS ‘Full Synthetic” is the new QSUD?
But the “new” Pennzoil “Full Synthetic” is beneath Platinum in the marketing hierarchy….I mean quality hierarchy?
Yeah same with the Mobil Synthetic minus the '1' designation. It's been theorized its for people who have to transition to syn who haven't or are unsure of it still. Might explain why they put the Pegasus back on the bottle again. I assume its taking SuperSyn's place in the lineup.

Or it could just be XOM being out of touch, and creating more types of oil lines. I still think its crazy all of their M1 0Ws are broken off into their own thing and marked under 'advanced fuel economy'. 0W isn't new, just integrate them back into M1 and consolidate your lineup. ESP is another mess with ESP, X2, X3, and then if you don't know they meet euro requirements you'd think it was a diesel specific oil at first glance.

That's my hot take on it anyways. We are a minority here, your average person just isn't going to bother digging.

Last edited:
Hello,

Anyone use Quake State Full Synthetic Oil? Walmart have it on roll back for $15.99 and it's rated dexos Gen2., My go to oil is Castrol Edge full synthetic 5w30....Thanks.
Yes, it’s a great oil. I’ve used QS oil in my Hyundais and Kias for years. Right now that price is less than Super Tech so it’s a good time to stock up on some.

I've "heard" Quaker State and Pennzoil, causes sludge buildup, Castrol causes build up in the air intake, excess blow by.. the latter I have never heard before. Until recently, the prior I know is a thing, several years back..

I've "heard" Quaker State and Pennzoil, causes sludge buildup, Castrol causes build up in the air intake, excess blow by.. the latter I have never heard before. Until recently, the prior I know is a thing, several years back..

Actually, it was decades back. Even then, the OEM's were spec'n ridiculous OCI's that IMO, exceed the capability of the lubricant.

I will say, the worst part of motor oil back then was misplacing your spout. Then it was pure skill to get the oil in the valve cover without spilling it on the exhaust manifold.

I will say, the worst part of motor oil back then was misplacing your spout. Then it was pure skill to get the oil in the valve cover without spilling it on the exhaust manifold.
I never owned an oil spout. "Back then" I generally got all the oil in the proper opening anyway. Due to increased under-hood crowding and the change to 5-qt containers, now I need a funnel and a transitional smaller container.

I didn't believe the nasty rumors about Quaker State until I tried it, but then I did. That was in the '80s.

Never could keep track of an oil spout, I used to always punch it with either a can opener, or flat head screwdriver!!!!! LOL didn't they have some issues as well in the 90s or early 2000s? How about Castrol anybody ever remember hearing anything about Castrol the time I heard about excessive blow, and oil in the air cleaner, in multiple vehicles, was the first time I've ever heard anyting..

Never could keep track of an oil spout, I used to always punch it with either a can opener, or flat head screwdriver!!!!! LOL didn't they have some issues as well in the 90s or early 2000s? How about Castrol anybody ever remember hearing anything about Castrol the time I heard about excessive blow, and oil in the air cleaner, in multiple vehicles, was the first time I've ever heard anyting..
Dad never had a problem he used a Church Key!

Attachments

• Church Key.jpg
    Church Key.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 94
Back