QSUD 5W-20 new dexos labeled bottles PICS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at Walmart yesterday and spotted the new QSUD bottles in the 5QT with dexos labeling. They didn't have any older 5W-20 5QT bottles for me to take pics of. Prices remained the same as the older bottles. Also, I saw the new bottles in 5W-30, which had a different dexos license number referenced on the back versus the 5W-20.

Front:

Back:

Comparison:

I kind of like the new color bottles!
smile.gif

Edited for spelling and additional detail to labeling.

Last edited:
Adding for those with questions...

"Some 2013 GM models now being sold specify the use of dexos1™ 5W20 engine oil. Coming in early October, ACDelco will offer dexos1 5W20 engine oil in drums, and soon after, in quarts. 2013 models that specify dexos1 5W20 include the new Cadillac ATS and Chevrolet Malibu equipped with the 2.5L 4-cylinder engine and the Chevrolet Spark equipped with the 1.2L 4-cylinder engine."

You're welcome...
grin.gif

Family dinner conversation [hypothetical of course but not far off
grin.gif
]:

Family: Anything new and exciting over the past few days?
Me: Yes! Actually I saw new bottles of oil at Walmart yesterday and took pictures and posted them onto an internet forum dedicated to car oil!
Family: Oh
confused.gif
...did you watch dancing with the stars the other day?
smile.gif

Perhaps they will never understand....

Hooray, more confusion to used-car buyers who see "use dexos1" without a viscosity specification in the owner's manual.

I hope that 5w-20 QSUD can withstand the abuses GM's new engine fleet is capable of heaping onto it.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
Hooray, more confusion to used-car buyers who see "use dexos1" without a viscosity specification in the owner's manual.

I hope that 5w-20 QSUD can withstand the abuses GM's new engine fleet is capable of heaping onto it.

People who don't know what grade, but know it needs DEXOS would be the ones that bring their car to Jiffy Lube.

People that change their own oil would pick the right grade, I would assume.

Originally Posted By: volk06
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...312#Post2959312

My apologies about what could be considered a re-post on my part. Prior to posting this, I did a Google 'site:bobistheoilguy.com' search for 'qsud 5w-20 dexos' and didn't see anything on the first page, and did a search with this site's search tool with 'qsud 5w-20 dexos' and didn't see anything on the first four pages. I just realized, however, that you utilized the term dexos1 in your thread title, so perhaps it was that detail that differentiated.

In any case, I'm excited to see the new packaging; I noticed how prominent they made the words "FULL SYNTHETIC" on the front of the bottles as shown in the pic. And although I didn't take a picture of it (you can barely see it in the last photo), the new quart bottles are still embossed with "Quaker State" on the side of the bottles.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Does the QSUD 0w-20 meet the ford spec? I'll have to go check! That's a bit cheaper than the M1 0w-20 I usually use.

Next time I'm there I'll snap a pic of the back of the current bronze QSUD 0W-20 5QT jugs; not sure if they'll have the 0W-20 in the new gold jugs by then. They move kind of slowly here, though I'm basing that entirely off that they always seem to have at least 4 jugs of 0W-20 on the shelf at any given time (perhaps they're probably better at keeping the 0W-20 in stock versus the other grades. On the other hand, they've been out of Purolator L14610 filters for three weeks now; it's been a while since I've seen all the shelves properly stocked).

I'm currently running the QSUD 0W-20 in both of the '10 Mazda3 2.5 even though they called for 5W-20 from factory, great oil at a great price. (I believe Mazda changed it to 0W-20 in late 2011 and on the 2012 2.0 and 2.5 engines). I even bought and installed the new oil caps that have the 0W-20 silk screened on them!

Originally Posted By: ChrisW
Family dinner conversation [hypothetical of course but not far off
grin.gif
]:

Family: Anything new and exciting over the past few days?
Me: Yes! Actually I saw new bottles of oil at Walmart yesterday and took pictures and posted them onto an internet forum dedicated to car oil!
Family: Oh
confused.gif
...did you watch dancing with the stars the other day?
smile.gif

Perhaps they will never understand....

Lol. Just had this conversation with my wife about the $1.99 quarts of VML Nextgen at oreilly's...

All this talk about 2 weight oil kinda makes me want to try it....

Maybe they'll back spec it for older cars, like ford!

That could be interesting...

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
this will be a big seller unless the price goes up then people will find something else.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back