QS delivered in hours from Wally World

@aquariuscsm mentioned Wally World had QS 5w30 Syn for $15... So this morning I ordered 3 jugs to get the free shipping.
They used Door Dash and it got here at 6:35 PM.
1 small problem... They only gave me 2 jugs. I guess the other one is in transit?

Next thing you know they will use some kinda drone... Sheesh!

Last edited:
Walmart sent me a 3-pack of Castrol Edge C3 from 3 different locations over 4 days. Aren't 3-packs supposed to be three packaged together?

@aquariuscsm mentioned Wally World had QS 5w30 Syn for $15... So this morning I ordered 3 jugs to get the free shipping.
They used Door Dash and it got here at 6:35 PM.
1 small problem... They only gave me 2 jugs. I guess the other one is in transit?

Next thing you know they will use some kinda drone... Sheesh!

Your driver was down 2.5 qts, so he topped it off and now is saying he only picked up 2 jugs at the distribution point. :)

The people who work in the Walmart warehouses must smoke some really good stuff; they get my orders wrong more often than not and also send me tracking information for customers halfway across the country- some guy buying a tricycle for his toddler in Washington state etc

I wasn't aware WM uses doordash to deliver. All of my orders have arrived by FedEx/UPS. Did you have to select an alternate delivery option?

P.S. I cannot stand the PP and QS jugs. Opening is too small...

I wasn't aware WM uses doordash to deliver. All of my orders have arrived by FedEx/UPS. Did you have to select an alternate delivery option?

P.S. I cannot stand the PP and QS jugs. Opening is too small...
Nothing special Michael; this was a new one on me. It just happened. I got an email saying stuff would be delivered earlier.
I'm with ya on the lousy bottle design. I always hold the bottle sideways flat; no gurgle. The Valvoline bottles are the best.

Twice in a row for me, if you purchase over $45 in items from walmart online, and you have it shipped for free delivery, if it is in stock, they will send door dash to pick it up and drop it off.

You have no way to tip the guy unless you are home when he is dropping it.

They brought me a vacuum cleaner last week, it was on my door step in 60 minutes.

I think this is how walmart is trying to beat Amazon at its own game.

Twice in a row for me, if you purchase over $45 in items from walmart online, and you have it shipped for free delivery, if it is in stock, they will send door dash to pick it up and drop it off.

You have no way to tip the guy unless you are home when he is dropping it.

They brought me a vacuum cleaner last week, it was on my door step in 60 minutes.

I think this is how walmart is trying to beat Amazon at its own game.

Thats Walmart’s game plan to compete with Amazon. Good for consumers not wanting to go shopping at the local zoo (Walmart Supercenter).

Amazon is still working on their delivery drones so in the near future BITOG folks can get a jug of Mobil 1 or PP within 20 minutes.

Last edited:
Thats Walmart’s game plan to compete with Amazon. Good for consumers not wanting to go shopping at the local zoo (Walmart Supercenter).

Amazon is still working on their delivery drones so in the near future BITOG folks can get a jug of Mobil 1 or PP within 20 minutes.
As a business analyst, I would love to see the margins on this strategy.
2 deliveries from possibly 2 places on 3 jusgs of oil that are less than $16 each?

Heck, the cheapest gas you can buy around here is $3.99 at Costco.

As a business analyst, I would love to see the margins on this strategy.
2 deliveries from possibly 2 places on 3 jusgs of oil that are less than $16 each?

Heck, the cheapest gas you can buy around here is $3.99 at Costco.
LOL but that may not be the same gas they sell here in Washington for $3.55 a gallon. LOL Double wink!

I think the business margins will pay out for them. Eventually you will get hooked on their good service for the first few transactions , and then you will buy everything from them.

And Walmart wants business from Amazon.

I've been a prime member forever, and have been getting ticked off with them a little bit every year. No name products, lots of junk, and pricing is not what it used to be.

Talking about Walmart gas, they have ethanol-free gas at Walmart here. If I remember correctly, it's around the same price as the premium unleaded, $3 and some change.

The 3rd and final 5 qt jug was delivered today in a Walmart box. Didn't see who delivered it.
Dunno if they made anything on this deal.... Who the heck knows?

Back