QS Conv vs. QS HM vs. PYB

Status
Not open for further replies.
My vote is for Formula Shell conventional. Which can be found many times throughout the year at Home Depot for $9.99/5qts.

I would go with st synthetic cuz it is cheap , same gos for the qs conventional ...Only 20 bucks for a China mart oil change if u do not want to crawl under vehicle

Originally Posted by yaris0128
Originally Posted by Villalobos
If you use 5w20, Quaker state advanced durability is $45.28 for 6-5 quart at Walmart.com and meets a few specs.
At my local walmart its still $12.XX but Ive noticed the price online spiked out of nowhere. On another note, the 6qt box of Chevron at walmart is still $15 soooooo get that instead.

That's 6-5 quart containers for $45.28. Or $7.55 per 5 quart container.

Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis
My vote is for Formula Shell conventional. Which can be found many times throughout the year at Home Depot for $9.99/5qts.

I looks like if you mixed the old PYB and QSGB you got FS!

If you use 5w20, Quaker state advanced durability is $45.28 for 6-5 quart at Walmart.com and meets a few specs.

Very good deal if you use 5W20 SN+ oil and probably a synthetic blend in reality.

Originally Posted by Chesterr
I would go with st synthetic cuz it is cheap , same gos for the qs conventional ...Only 20 bucks for a China mart oil change if u do not want to crawl under vehicle

That QS oil change is as low as $16 at a couple of Wally's around here. Not all, just a couple. A manager told me they are allowed to adjust the price to be competitive in the immediate area.

How can I buy this. The website advertises it, but it is not avail to purchase. I stopped in and grabbed 6 and the discount did not apply.

Qty of 6 containers for $45.28 seems too good to be true. Thats $7.55 per container.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bullwinkle
PYB has a really good rep for cleaning, but I think I would use the cheapest one, there's not going to be much difference. Or cough up the extra buck or 2 for QSUD.

What is in PYB that makes it such a good cleaner?

Originally Posted by Fordiesel69

How can I buy this. The website advertises it, but it is not avail to purchase. I stopped in and grabbed 6 and the discount did not apply.

Qty of 6 containers for $45.28 seems too good to be true. Thats $7.55 per container.

The deal has been off and on the past few weeks. It was off the last time I checked, but just yesterday it was on again.

I bought 9 jugs of Quaker state for roughly $70 delivered to my door.

At that price I'm set for a few years at 5k mile runs in all my cars

Back in stock.

I am now a member of the horders anonymous club. Just pulled the trigger on 9 of these. I now will have a 6 pack of these, and a 6 pack of the havoline full syn, Then another 9 of these and 9 of havoline. I will have enough to never need to go to the store again. Too bad it wasnt 5w-30.

I am now a member of the horders anonymous club. Just pulled the trigger on 9 of these. I now will have a 6 pack of these, and a 6 pack of the havoline full syn, Then another 9 of these and 9 of havoline. I will have enough to never need to go to the store again. Too bad it wasnt 5w-30.

Makes for great birthday/Xmas gifts. I sure wouldn't mind getting a jug of oil for Xmas. Beats the usual socks and underwear! ...‚

I have never bought anyone socks, underwear or oil, for birthdays or Christmas'. Only over-clothing or vehicle interior items like radios, seat covers, dash cams, alarms.....etc. Never an engine part.... not wheels nor tires either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back