Q plus Slick50?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mark888 Take a deep breath. While this QS product with the Slick 50 label was introduced in 2005 it was still on the QS web site just a few weeks ago and is still on shelves everywhere right now! The change has only happened the past few weeks as the new QS web site and new look bottles have appeared. Again this has only happened the past few weeks.

While you are technically correct when you state this is the "old version", a few weeks is not really that old now is it. Cut some slack.........Geeeezzzzz

Here is a story from just last year stating the use of QS Higher Mileage WITH Slick 50................

Andy Seuss Joins Forces with Quaker State and Q Racing Oil
Thursday September 25, 2008

Company’s Quality Lubrication Products will be Featured on Young Racer’s Modifieds

HAMPSTEAD, NH (September 25, 2008) – Quaker State has a long history in motorsports. Drivers like Cruz Pedregon, Steve Kinser, Ricky Rudd, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Kenny Bernstein, Tony Pedregon, Casey Mears, Paul Menard and Dale Earnhardt Jr. have all relied on what is inside the green bottle to power them in front of their competition through the years.

Now, Modified up-and-comer Andy Seuss can add his name to that list. Seuss has signed on to become a part of the Q-Team every time he straps into the Riggs Racing #47 Advance Auto Parts Modified on the NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified or the #70 Rockingham Boat/Stuarts Automotive Modified on the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour, in the True Value Modified Racing Series or in any one of the numerous open Modified shows he takes part in throughout the racing season.

“Quaker State and Q Racing Oil have a long history of success,” said Seuss. “So just to be chosen to represent them is a big honor. At the same time, we know that we need to produce for them and hopefully go out and win some races. We want to make them look good as well, as they keep our engines alive and powerful.”

Seuss isn’t just a racecar driver who shows up to the track with his helmet bag and races. He’s also a mechanic who wrenches up and goes to work on his own racecars and his family’s street vehicles. During the day, he works as a marine technician on customer boats at the family business, Rockingham Boat in New Hampshire, so Seuss knows how engines work and the benefits that Quaker State products have when it comes to protecting any type of engine.

“It’s not just what they say on the commercials,” said Seuss. “I’ve done a lot of oil changes on racecars, street vehicles, and even boats and I know that there is a big difference between cheap economy oils and a quality product like Quaker State and Q Racing Oil. It really does make a difference, and you can sleep better at night knowing that even if you can’t change your oil every race, you can go that much further with Q Racing Oil. In a street car, you don’t need to stop at 2,999 miles and worry either. Quaker State has always taken care of us.

“My personal truck has a lot of miles on it, and Quaker State Higher Mileage Engine with Slick 50 makes that run as well as the day it came off the lot.”

For more information on Quaker State and their line of Q Racing oils, please visit http://www.QuakerState.com.

For more information on Andy Seuss, please contact Mike Twist at (207) 590-1786 and be sure to check out Andy’s website at http://www.andyseuss.n

Originally Posted By: tenderloin
mark888 Take a deep breath. While this QS product with the Slick 50 label was introduced in 2005 it was still on the QS web site just a few weeks ago and is still on shelves everywhere right now! The change has only happened the past few weeks as the new QS web site and new look bottles have appeared. Again this has only happened the past few weeks.

While you are technically correct when you state this is the "old version", a few weeks is not really that old now is it. Cut some slack.........Geeeezzzzz

I am fully aware that the change in the packaging just happened in the last few weeks. That is why Walmart is dumping the old stock at fire sale prices.

But keep in mind that the new stuff is just new labeling (marketing). I doubt that there is any change to the formulas. The high mileage oil still has high mileage additives (which is still called Slick50 when sold separately). They just decided to drop any reference to Slick50 on the oil.

More importantly, Slick50 no longer has PTFE (and has not had it for awhile), regardless of whether it is in the High Mileage Oil, or sold separately as Slick50.

Mark, actually Slick 50 is not a high mileage additive. All Slick 50 is today is a 10W-30 carrier oil with an overload of AW and FM additives. The two main things that make any high mileage oil what they are is the higher viscosity indexed base stock and esters for seal conditioning. Slick 50 has neither in its formulation.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Mark, actually Slick 50 is not a high mileage additive. All Slick 50 is today is a 10W-30 carrier oil with an overload of AW and FM additives. The two main things that make any high mileage oil what they are is the higher viscosity indexed base stock and esters for seal conditioning. Slick 50 has neither in its formulation.

I was thinking of Slick 50 Engine Treatment For High Mileage Vehicles, which I assume has some high mileage additives. But I realize that QS High Mileage Motor Oil may also have other high mileage additives.

Hmmm. I don't see the High Mileage version of Slick50 on their website anymore, but here is the MSDS dated 09/09/2008:
http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GSAP_msds_00019391.PDF

Mark888 I did not state what label, bottle, what was on the shelf, when it is on the shelf etc. Since WE do not work for QS, the MSDS with dates is a point of reference and information. According to the MSDS sheets there has been a change in the makeup of QS Higher Mileage. What label, bottle, when made and or distributed I have no idea other than what is listed.

If you want to continue to weigh in with your comments and guessing, seemingly just for annoyance, lack of meds and or argument sake, that is up to you. I am done.

Mark888 I did not state what label, bottle, what was on the shelf, when it is on the shelf etc. Since WE do not work for QS, the MSDS with dates is a point of reference and information. According to the MSDS sheets there has been a change in the makeup of QS Higher Mileage. What label, bottle, when made and or distributed I have no idea other than what is listed.

If you want to continue to weigh in with your comments and guessing, seemingly just for annoyance, lack of meds and or argument sake, that is up to you. I am done.

Sorry if I am irritating you. Apparently I do not understand what point you are trying to make, or what you think is the significance of the MSDS change that you pointed out.

Originally Posted By: Mark888
http://news.thomasnet.com/companystory/497517

http://www.ottendistributing.com/quaker_car_lubricant.html

QUAKER STATE Higher Mileage Engine with Slick 50
Said to "Restore Power and Performance in vehicles"
Quaker State reportedly started to ship Higher Mileage Engine with Slick 50 to retailers and installers in mid-April, 2005

This is old information. We know that they still put Slick50 "additives" in the new QS High Mileage Motor Oil, but they don't use the Slick50 name anymore on the High Mileage Oil bottle, except when the additives are sold separately as Slick50. All of this is explained in posts above.

I saw this morning at Pep Boys the same red Quaker State bottle with Slick50 Advertisment on the top left hand corner of the bottle.
Selling price $4.09 a bottle

Old stock. It will be replaced.

you know after so many years buying oil, one thing never changes.
you cant ever buy the same blend year after year from a single oil company.
So many issues to contend with, ran out of stock, oil manufacture does not make that blend any more.
this store stopped carring it. it is like a wild goose chase.
A month and 2 weeks ago I went to Napa and bought Valvoline API SG conventional oil for a 67 Shelby I was working on.
So I thought great! I can buy this blend for $4.80 for the cheap skates that need Flat Tappet wear control but dont want premium oil. No problem.
Problem, I didnt buy the 4 cases they had left.
after 6 stores today I just gave up.
even if I wanted to get that specific Blend of Valvoline
could I find it in 2 days to my door? I doubt it!
Glad I dont have those issues ever with Amsoil

Well, you nailed that one. It's almost like playing the lottery.

True, but sometimes they are just playing with the labels and bottles, and not with the formulas. The entire line of QS oils is getting new labels and new names, but I doubt they are all getting new formulas (in fact, it may be that none of them are getting new formulas).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back