PUSHY push notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDB

Every few weeks I get a message at the bottom of the screen saying the site wants to send push notifications. I click the X to get rid of it. It offers options, one being NEVER ASK AGAIN. I click NEVER ASK AGAIN and yet in a few weeks here it comes asking again. I've said NEVER ASK AGAIN over a half dozen times at least. When will it stop? How do I make my choice record and be permanent? What makes it go away?

Turn the push notifications off in your profile if you don't want them. I have them on and find them to be very useful.

I'm talking about THIS website. I think they know I'm active by my participating. Push notifications are currently turned off in my profile. That's why 2-3 times a month it asks me to turn them on. Which hopefully someone will eventually tell me how to make a permanent setting and not get asked repeatedly to turn them on when I click and choose NEVER ASK AGAIN.

Last edited:
Follow Wayne’s advice, go to your profile and TURN THEM OFF.

I never, and by that I mean, never, get asked about them. Not once in nearly 14 years on the site.

This is your issue to fix. It’s really easy. I just looked at my profile, and there was the option. Click on your profile > preferences > push notifications.

If that doesn’t work for you, then it’s an issue with your browser.

That's why it repeatedly asks me to turn them on, I presume. And ignores when I click the "never ask again" box. Which is what I'm asking how to fix.

Just how do I turn them off in my profile when they are CURRENTLY TURNED OFF IN MY PROFILE???
I can’t see your profile, not the way that you can, but I can see that your all caps are more frequent.

Your font is getting larger, and you’re getting more upset.

Yelling at me, or Wayne, will not fix this.

I can also see that on March 26, 2024, you did, in fact, sign up for push notifications. So, they’re not off, currently, and I can’t change that, you have to change that, so, we’re going to pause here while you go research that.

Thanks.

Last edited:
When you click "Never ask again" it sets a cookie on THAT device for 10 years to not ask again. If the cookies are getting cleared, by running ccleaner or similar software, then the "enable push notifications" will appear again, as the cookie has been deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back