Making Filter Sort changes permanent?

Is there a way to make permanent changes to the Sort Filter? On some forums, especially the UOA and VOA forums, I want to see the newest topics at the top no matter what. Sometimes certain posts become very popular and the many replies bury a new UOA or VOA that then gets pushed down and harder to notice. I can fix this by clicking on Filters, then Sort by: First Message / Descending. But that change is not permanent and the next time I visit the site I have to make that change again. Is there any way to save that setting?

On some forums, especially the UOA and VOA forums, I want to see the newest topics at the top no matter what. Sometimes certain posts become very popular and the many replies bury a new UOA or VOA that then gets pushed down and harder to notice.
The lasted posted in threads are always at the the top. I've never seen any chatboard where it's not that way. If a thread hasn't been posted in for a long time, it gets pushed down the list and eventually pushed to page 2, 3, etc ... regardless is it has 3 posts or 3000 posts in the thread.

The lasted posted in threads are always at the the top. I've never seen any chatboard where it's not that way. If a thread hasn't been posted in for a long time, it gets pushed down the list and eventually pushed to page 2, 3, etc ... regardless is it has 3 posts or 3000 posts in the thread.
I understand that.

I'm not suggesting the board make any global changes. I'm asking if I can make a change in my personal preferences so that certain forums here (mainly the UOA and VOA forums) are sorted by First Message/Descending, rather than Last Message/Descending. This way I always see new UOAs and VOAs at the top even if they haven't received any replies and been pushed down.

I can make this change in the forum Filter, but the change I make doesn't stick between sessions. I want to know if I can make the change stick for those two forums.

I'm not suggesting the board make any global changes. I'm asking if I can make a change in my personal preferences so that certain forums here (mainly the UOA and VOA forums) are sorted by First Message/Descending, rather than Last Message/Descending. This way I always see new UOAs and VOAs at the top even if they haven't received any replies and been pushed down.
When ever I click on a thread with some new posts, it automatically jumps to the first new post in that thread, regardless of how long ago the new post was made. If you just want to see what new posts have been added to the thread since you last looked at it, that gives you that function.

Just go into a forum and click on the filter, then select 'sort by' => 'first message'

Just go into a forum and click on the filter, then select 'sort by' => 'first message'
Yes, that's what I have been doing. But the change doesn't stick. I was just wondering if there's a way to make that change stick between browsing sessions.

Yes, that's what I have been doing. But the change doesn't stick. I was just wondering if there's a way to make that change stick between browsing sessions.
Not without changing it for everyone, which we aren't going to do.

Back