Purpose of tomato juice in beer?

In Canada we have Motts Clamato.

It makes the best Caesers, & not comparible to the American Bloody Mary's

In our small town Saskatchewan bar they used to pour about 2 or 3 oz of tomato Juice into a mug of draft beer, & it was called an ugly. They looked awful, & didn't taste any better than what they looked. If they were poured slowly, down the edge of the inside edge of the glass it looked like a big glob in the bottom of a beer, almost resembling a blood clot or something. Only tried it once, or maybe twice.

I do enjoy a beer and clam (Clamato) or the premixed Chelada's, regularly. Beer and Clamato has a better taste than mixed with tomato juice.

In Canada we have Motts Clamato.

It makes the best Caesers, & not comparible to the American Bloody Mary's

In our small town Saskatchewan bar they used to pour about 2 or 3 oz of tomato Juice into a mug of draft beer, & it was called an ugly. They looked awful, & didn't taste any better than what they looked. If they were poured slowly, down the edge of the inside edge of the glass it looked like a big glob in the bottom of a beer, almost resembling a blood clot or something. Only tried it once, or maybe twice.

I do enjoy a beer and clam (Clamato) or the premixed Chelada's, regularly. Beer and Clamato has a better taste than mixed with tomato juice.
Yep, many times at the AC lounge in Toronto … Was mixing one when I noticed a goofy guy (with Guinness hat) struggling to use the dispenser … Chevy Chase - go figure 🤪

Back