Purolator's disappearing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, in my city anyways. I always got my Pureones at Meijer's(grocery chain) for around $5. Also got PremiumPluses for our other vehicle for $3.

But now, I go there yesterday and they've replaced everything with FRAM!!!
mad.gif
shocked.gif

Advance Auto still has them, but for like $1 more each. I'm wondering if I should still stick with my PureOnes, or switch to Wix at Carquest(now that they are the same price)???

Opinions??

It has been awhile since I've been there! I've been using up the rest of my Hastings filters, so I really haven't been to their auto aisle in year or so!
smile.gif

I picked up the two PureOnes they had in my size at AA tonight!!

They have PureOnes on Amazon??

Been gone from Meijers here in Ohio since about March, 2005! One week they were there and then the next all the Purolator stock was pulled off the shelves and replaced by Frams. No sale or clearance. Sadly Meijer had the best everyday prices on Pure Ones (low as or lower than most auto stores sales) and the sales were frequent with $1 off.

quote:

Originally posted by drewjp:
Well, in my city anyways. I always got my Pureones at Meijer's(grocery chain) for around $5. Also got PremiumPluses for our other vehicle for $3.

But now, I go there yesterday and they've replaced everything with FRAM!!!
mad.gif
shocked.gif

Advance Auto still has them, but for like $1 more each. I'm wondering if I should still stick with my PureOnes, or switch to Wix at Carquest(now that they are the same price)???

Opinions??

Sounds like it's been an entire year since you visited the auto-parts aisles at Meijer.

That's how long it's been since they changed-over to Fram. I prefer Wix/Napa over Pure Ones myself for around $1.50 more.

None on oversized pureone 14459 but you can get 24458 that are oversized honda and mazda filters at Sears as a purolator plus.

I got this email from the folks at purolator about the pureone line of products:

Actually, Purolator Products NA, LLC was purchased by a joint venture of Bosch and Mann & Hummel. Purolator continues to operate with its own management and manufacturing group. The Purolator product lines should be enhanced by the strength of these two successful companies, and there are no plans to alter any of the product lines.

Tom (Filter Hot Line)

I like Purolators too. But if I can't get my Purolator I'll buy NAPA or Motorcraft as long as they remain good products. I suspect that for a price, we will always be able to get outstanding oil filters. This is all the more critical for those of us who run synthetic oils with 10,000 mile + oci's.
Glen

quote:

Originally posted by GMGuy:
How can they "enhance" the product line, yet have "no plans to alter any of the product lines"? =-)

Alex.

I dont know, perhaps he means purolator products will be more readily available.

Well, I can breathe a sigh of relief if they're not going to change my PureOnes in any way.

However, if the price goes up, that's another story...
smile.gif

^^
Ya, I think six bucks is about all Im willing to spend on an oil filter. Right now it has to be the best filter for the money, from what I can tell the M1 is only marginaly better but 2x the price, definately not worth it.

Larkbill - oversized 14459 - no such pureolator as 14469 - you must mean 14460 but that is just the same filter as the 14459 for some suburbu with a flatter base plate. If you want oversized - L24458 for purolator or use wix or napa gold.

With Bosch buying Purolator, I would expect it to be bad news for Champion who is the current Bosch supplier. I would expect Bosch to start using their newly purchased factory to supply their brand. Purolator should be OK. Their marketing may change though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back