Purolator website upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
www.pureoil.com

PUR52533_DIY_FilterFinder-b.jpg

Mann-Hummel doesn't tolerate tearing.

Should be an interesting reboot of the brand.

Purolator "Tech" grayish/silver can for bulk shop purchase too. Wonder if its a "RED".

Now, I just need to find all the PureOne and PSL filters on clearance.

Purolator was under Mann+Hummel's flag when the failures happened so shall see how these hold up.

Heck, they might just be a different paint job with an "upgraded" filter name.

"BOSS" - JHC what a joke...

Hopefully they upgraded the innards, but that is a stupid name for an oil filter in my opinion.

Positive: There's doesn't appear to be any grippy surface on the Purolator One. No chance of said grit getting inside filter.

Negative: There doesn't appear to by any grippy surface on the Purolator One. No way to grab the thing with oil covered hands.

With new mileage ratings of 5, 10, and 15,000 miles across the board with slightly lower efficiency ratings, I think it's obvious that Mann-Hummel technology is involved to some degree.

Originally Posted By: Greasymechtech
Mann-Hummel Purolator "Tech" grayish/silver can for bulk shop purchase too. Wonder if its a "RED".

I think it would be the equivalent of the red because this will be the new Group 7 filter. A lot of cars now are going over 5,000 miles for oil changes, so that rules out the lowest tier filter I would think because that would not meet original equipment requirements.

Purolator-One... re-engineered high density synthetic blend media

Purolator-Boss... fully integrated polymer reinforced media(no more wire backing????)

Hopefully, more than a packaging and appearance upgrade. Perhaps MH has introduced new filters worthy of use. The updated efficiency ratings and removing the guesswork about FCIs is a nice touch.

They probably changed the logo and packaging after fixing the tearing issues.

Purolator Boss is hilarious.

It looks like the new P1 air filters may not be oiled anymore. The media seems to be white now instead of blue. All of the cabin filters will be sold as P1.

And too bad they stopped using the textured grip. That stuff is awesome.

It'll be nice to see more snazzy red cans in service. Baldwin can be hard to source outside the midwest.

Pitty they got rid of the texture grip for the canister P1. I switched to WIX a bit ago anyway. I was a big Purolator fan for a long time, eager see how they do with the new designs. All these companies seem to be buying each other up. Sigh. Not really sure anymore what the differences will be in a few months, if any differences in filters at all.

I don't really understand the BOSS filter. Seems like they added structural support to the filter media and gave it a silly name? Which, really, would probably solve the tear problem (the support, not the name) but they should have solved the issue in the P1 before. The new seal is.. well.... no big deal to me. I've never had any leaks around the seal.

The Boss filter info states 15,000 mile protection when using fully synthetic oil only. The centre tube as well as the end caps appear to be the same across all lines. The bottom of the line premium mentions some 5,000 miles protection and at the same time meets normal manufacturers oil change intervals. A bit of contradiction with many normal OEM specs being up to 15,000 miles. 5,000 or 15,000 which is it? Their guarantee sides with the owner's manual as it should. I wish they would clarify what these 5,000 -10,000 -15,000 numbers mean. I think it's all marketing nonsense. They all have to meet OEM specs.

Big changes to branding, boxing, and features. No more guessing is this the pre Mann or post Mann made, or good or bad. Looks good in pictures, I see some hints they knew of the tearing problem, word was getting out, and a reset necessary. The plastic reinforced media in the Boss looks interesting, time will tell how it works in use, looks good though. I still like the more expensive to manufacture stainless steel mesh behind a synthetic media as the Fram has. I don't see the micron rating but didn't look too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back