Purolator tears self induced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could certainly see a percentage of the filters being damaged on dissection, but not all of them.
Even if, say, 25% were damaged during cutting, Purolator still has a problem.

I have personally cut open dozens of filters, the only ones I have seen with torn pleats were a Purolator on my brothers car after a 3 or 4 k mile run, and a Super tech on a used car I bought that looks like it had been in service for far to long.

Originally Posted By: jk_636
You are spot on in the fact that using and defending Purolators and not conforming to the given order has made me a target. I have already been suspended twice for "bashing Fram filters" in a forum that is designed to talk about oil filters. But certain people can run their mouths ad nauseam and do all but incite riots without fear of reprisal or discipline. My filters haven't torn, so obviously I am the problem. Makes sense.

Just an observation.

You can say all you want about any filter you want. It's just the WAY you say things and interact with other members here. If you get all into the "personal attack mode" then you're not gonna last very long. Maybe ol' Skanky already found that out.
wink.gif

And yes, I'm sure there are some banned trolls that have come back under another user name. It's pretty easy to see their agenda and writing style ... right bigdaddyeasy sandman ... be "cool" or be banned.
grin.gif

And I'm not sure what you mean by the zee=motorking comment though...are you suggesting they are the same person? If so, you should know they definitely are not the same person.

Yeah, I doubt Motorking has time to take away from his real job to hang out here all the time. He barely shows up here anymore.

Lol, you kill me. Anyway I like that name big daddy wish I thought it up.
I think skanky was entitled to his opinions. I think some of y'all baited him cuz you have agendas and we'll, it just seems low and petty and selfish.
I have read some of your back and forth with big daddy and it's clear that he didn't care about your little Klan and he very clearly smacked you down and wiped the floor up with ya in your wars of words.

Yeah, Ok bigdaddyeasy ... you don't fool me. Guess he really "wiped the floor up" pretty good since he got banned for good. LoL

Mr Skanky wasn't forced to type certain things on his keyboard while someone held a gun to his temple. He owns what he types, just like everyone else. He wanted his account smoked anyway.
wink.gif

Zee that is nonsense and you know it. I have never been in "attack mode." As a matter of fact, I stay much more civil than the people that continually bad mouth other brands that I use. It was a personal vendetta by a moderator who wouldn't own up to it. I had to pay the consequences not for what I said or how I said it, but what I was discussing. So yeah, people can be targeted on this site for no good reason!

Zee that is nonsense and you know it. I have never been in "attack mode." As a matter of fact, I stay much more civil than the people that continually bad mouth other brands that I use. It was a personal vendetta by a moderator who wouldn't own up to it. I had to pay the consequences not for what I said or how I said it, but what I was discussing. So yeah, people can be targeted on this site for no good reason!

I highly doubt that. What was the reason given by the moderator? They usually say why you got a vacation.

There is an old thread over it. look it up. You posted on it. I recited exactly what the hidden moderator who would not relinquish his name told me

I'm still here, just needed a self imposed time out.

I most likely wont post again until I cut the next filter.

I don't want to be in the crossfire. I have my opinion and you have yours. I have not found any tears. I do ont like the design at the seam on the pure one and I do not like how tight they pack the pleats in so for those reason I am switching once the stock I have is gone. I am convinced it is possible for a few of the tears to be made during the cutting but others disagree, so what move on.

I have 2 Menard Quaker State filters that I ran for 4,000 miles. Is it true they are Purolater made and does anyone know if they tear? I plan on cutting them open soon with a screwdriver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back