Purolator One Air Filter And OId Stock?

Perhaps a silly question but I just bought air filter for my 2005 Corolla. I bought a Purolater One air filter off of Amazon and just noticed that it was produced in 2017? Is it safe to use? It seems the build quality is a little better than the cheap Fram one I will replace. Thanks

Perhaps a silly question but I just bought air filter for my 2005 Corolla. I bought a Purolater One air filter off of Amazon and just noticed that it was produced in 2017?
Where are you getting the produced date? Is there a date code on the filter? If so, what is it? You might be looking at the copyright date on the box text - ??.

Perhaps a silly question but I just bought air filter for my 2005 Corolla. I bought a Purolater One air filter off of Amazon and just noticed that it was produced in 2017? Is it safe to use? It seems the build quality is a little better than the cheap Fram one I will replace. Thanks
Use with confidence. I usually take a finger-full of silicone paste and run it around the circumference of the rubber gasket on the filter. Wipe off the excess leaving a thin coating, and place in the box.

So I re-read the original question and see that your referring to a 2005 Corolla which has a felt/cloth edge on the filter. My 1998 and 1999 Corolla have the rubber edge, but you get what I mean…….😁

Last edited:
You prep and cellar your oil filters?
There's no chance of a "overlooked smear" of silicone drying and breaking off and flowing to a narrows within the galleries to a horrific end?

Back