Purolator NE-1517

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi :) I'm new to this forum.
I couldn't figure out how to do a search on subjects, so maybe my question has been answered before. If it has, I'm sorry.

I have a Purolator NE-1517 canister type oil filter that we're installing on our old 1938 Packard. What is the correct cartridge to use in this unit?

We found out that a NAPA 1010 (or Wix 51010) seems to fit, but the gasket that comes with it is too small. I found out that I can order from NAPA what I think is the correct gasket, but I would rather find another cartridge that comes with the correct gasket.

I guess if I could find out what vehicles this unit was used on, then it would be easier to find the correct cartridge. It seems that all the oil filter cartridge sources want to know what car it is for.

Thanks for any help someone can provide.

Ahhhhh...I'd just order it from NAPA. Then you'll be sure that you have the correct gasket for the oil filter.

I've heard, back in the day they used a roll of TP as a filter. I'm not sure if it's true....but you can always find options like the NAPA gasket.

firstly ,
welcome2.gif

second, I'm no expert. just a guy who likes to help folks.
a quick google of that part # shows it is a bypass filter, and i found a guy posting on a couple sites that he was converting an ne-1517 over to a full flow, and using a wix 51076 cartridge, which is listed for "DODGE TRUCKS (65-75), CHRYSLER INDUSTRIAL ENGINES"
hope that helps some.

if so, just another case of Google to the rescue!

+1 i would try a 51080 or 51076. those two are the same size, but the 80 is a bypass and the 76 is a full flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back