Purolator Filters dropped by Fleet Farm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears fleet farm has stopped selling purolator oil filters. None to be found just Frams and Honeywell oil filters with a very limited supply of K&N filters. Looks like i will be going elsewhere for my filters now.

The two Fleet Farms' close to me stopped carrying them months ago. I talked to the automotive manager and he said many employees and customers were rather angry with the decision.

Not having the Purolator at Fleet Farm is no loss for me.

They still carry the Fram Extended Guard which, in my opinion, is an outstanding filter with double media, stainless steel screen backing, and excellent cannister construction.

On top of that, Fleet Farm has the lowest prices around for the Fram Extended Guard filter.

Happy with Fram XG,

757 Guy

The only filters i would use are napa gold, Wix, Pureone, Mobil 1 and K&N. I see amazon has all Pureone filters on sale for $5 which is a great buy and with a $25 dollar order shipping is free so that will keep me going for quite awhile.

Originally Posted By: Muskieteer
It appears fleet farm has stopped selling purolator oil filters. None to be found just Frams and Honeywell oil filters with a very limited supply of K&N filters. Looks like i will be going elsewhere for my filters now.

The Fleet Farm in the Oakdale, Mn. store stopped carrying Purolator over a year ago - but they still had them back in the clearance section. Check your Fleet Farm store's clearance section and stock up.

Originally Posted By: mjk
I am not sure, but thought I read that those Honeywell Defense filters are made by Fram.
You read right.

Well, to be perfectly correct, both FRAM and Defense are made by Honeywell. Defense is a repainted OCOD for the "value" sector. MileGuard filters are also OCODs, but branded for the quick-lube industry.

Get purolator or wix filters online... amazon sells pureone filters for like 5 bucks a filter.

They stopped stocking them here in Alexandria MN a long time ago.

There are a bunch of pureone cartridge filters on sale (for an 2.2l ecotech) for $6... not that great of a deal.

They do have the best prices on Fram Xtended guard however they still are spendy (almost all are nearly $8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back