Purolator customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.
I e-mailed Pam twice with no response regarding using a longer filter for a Nissan application. I called 1-800-526-4250 to try and get an answer. The gentleman on the other end of the phone was in my opinion rude and argumentative. Anyone else run into this? Here's a copy of my e-mail
Pam,
After I sent you two e-mails, and got no response (no harm) I decided to call your 1-800-526-4250 number to ask the same question regarding filter compatibility. I found the man on the other end to be rude and argumentative. He would not be my customer service rep under any circumstance. Excellent filters, but poor customer service. I know you have no control over this, but perhaps you could forward this e-mail to your management team.
Thank You,
Steven

I would be very surprised if any customer service rep would recommend or give advice on any filter outside of what is actually cataloged for that application. It is a liability issue.

I work for a major Aviation manufacturer and get like questions on application, compatibility and going outside published norms. In these cases, they are referred to the appropriate engineering group.

Still doesn't excuse a rude representative for Purolator.

I still for the life of me can't understand WHY a company would let a person with poor social skills NEAR a phone that takes calls from customers. Sure maybe he was having a bad day, but if so he could have just transfered the call to another rep. No excuse at all!

I called them a while back in referance to a filter that had hardly any thread for a ford 4.6 and got no responce either... i now use napa

Originally Posted By: Gillsy
I e-mailed Pam twice with no response regarding using a longer filter for a Nissan application. I called 1-800-526-4250 to try and get an answer. The gentleman on the other end of the phone was in my opinion rude and argumentative. Anyone else run into this? Here's a copy of my e-mail
Pam,
After I sent you two e-mails, and got no response (no harm) I decided to call your 1-800-526-4250 number to ask the same question regarding filter compatibility. I found the man on the other end to be rude and argumentative. He would not be my customer service rep under any circumstance. Excellent filters, but poor customer service. I know you have no control over this, but perhaps you could forward this e-mail to your management team.
Thank You,
Steven

What did you ask? What was the argument?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back