PUROLATOR CLASSIC FILTER QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these a good filter to run for up to 7500 miles. I am using an AC Delco for the first time on this extended drain interval, this will be the first real long interval on this truck. they look like they are built better than the AC that my truck requires.

I really like them, and I would certainly run them for that length of time (and do). They have a ton of media, at least in my apps more than Napa Golds/Wix and probably double the SuperTech/ChampLabs. So the odds of filling the media is low.

I doubt it. Certainly not in my app. Back when ST made the ST3950, both it and the L 10193 had about 180 sqin media. The last L 10193 I cut open only had 112 sqin. I wouldn't be surprised if the little ST 3593A had that much. I am really looking forward to seeing what the STP 3950 I am running now has. The German fat cats have ripped me off for the last time.

cool, ya k mart here has them for my truck in the classic but not in pureone and i cant find a pureone filter anywhere for my truck. so the classic is $5 and can run it a good amount of time seems like a good deal.

Originally Posted By: Petrou
cool, ya k mart here has them for my truck in the classic but not in pureone and i cant find a pureone filter anywhere for my truck. so the classic is $5 and can run it a good amount of time seems like a good deal.

Try Amazon.com ... if you have the PureONE number, do a search on Amazon.com for it.

i hae tried, i search by number by application, nothin. any other suggestions would be most appreciated

i hae tried, i search by number by application, nothin. any other suggestions would be most appreciated

What's the PureONE filter number you're looking for?

It looks like a PL22167 is the Pureone filter, but I dont think they are making it anymore. I just looked up what Wix specifies for this truck and it is pretty much identical to a 51515, or PH8A. In Purolator numbers this is a L30001 or PL30001 in Pureone. I see no reason you cannnot run one of those.

i got a bunch of purolator filters for under $3.00 each at pep boys a short while back...
We pay at the shop around $2.00 for group 7 oil filters which are made by purolator...I would not pay over $3.00 for the pureolator plus...
As for the pure one i am a little concerned about the flow but i do buy them when they are on sale

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
i got a bunch of purolator filters for under $3.00 each at pep boys a short while back...
We pay at the shop around $2.00 for group 7 oil filters which are made by purolator...I would not pay over $3.00 for the pureolator plus...
As for the pure one i am a little concerned about the flow but i do buy them when they are on sale

There is a thread concerning PureOnes and flow just a few posts down in this section. You may be surprised. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1619451

Last edited by a moderator:
Onmo im not sure what your talking about. Those are dodge filters last i checked oh and an older chevy small block filter, i drive a chevy with and 8.1 oh and i need a pl15313 in the pureone filters.

Onmo im not sure what your talking about. Those are dodge filters last i checked oh and an older chevy small block filter, i drive a chevy with and 8.1 oh and i need a pl15313 in the pureone filters.

Oh, I must have missed something. Oh well. It helps to post information like this when you have a question, in the future.

We can do the same thing here. Since the correct PL15313 is rare in the wild. I checked it out and it is a short PH5 much like a PH16 is a short PH8A. Nothing else is changed. So, if you have enough room for a 2.08" longer filter try a PL34631. It is available at Amazon and probably most anywhere you can get a PureOne since it is a common filter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back