Purolator 30001 cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Originally Posted By: SuperBusa
Originally Posted By: labman
The oblong inlet holes are long gone too.

Some Purolators still have oblong inlet holes in the base. 14610 does for instance.

As do the Motorcraft FL-820S filters I just bought.
As do many Classics and P1's like the 10241

Originally Posted By: sayjac

I suppose if it's posted long enough it may eventually be true.
56.gif

48.gif
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Quote:
Note, a few years the strings disappeared soon after Bosch bought Purolator ago. That is why I dis ''studies'' that have pictures of Purolators with strings on them. The oblong inlet holes are long gone too.
Perhaps you should stop "dis"sing the studies long enough to get your facts straight. Though you've posted this erroneous information before, and I corrected it previously, it appears again. So this time I will post a pic to prove that both Purolator and Bosch use the assembly string in some cases. The pics show recently cut open P1 and Bosch DP from this recent thread. Not sure what the point is other than to dis the dissections, as it is a minor construction point. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1813977&page=1

I suppose if it's posted long enough it may eventually be true.
56.gif

100_3162.jpg

None of the ones I have cut open recently had the strings or oblong holes. Nor most of the current pictures posted here in the last few years including the filter at the beginningof this thread.

One fact I do have straight is the foreign ownership of Purolator. Buy American.

One fact I do have straight is the foreign ownership of Purolator. Buy American.

I agree ... that's the only thing you do know.
wink.gif

I do see labman's point. I do agree that this is no place for jingoistic rhetoric, since politics is not the topic of these forums.

However, politics aside, country of manufacture or country of ownership can be relevant. There are plenty of people who like Japanese made Densos, but wouldn't use Densos made in another country, simply from the workmanship and construction standpoint. Others also wish to support the economies of their own countries.

So, country of manufacture or country of ownership can be just another statistic when someone wants to make a choice of oil filter purchase, just like filtration efficiency, ADBV construction, price, and colour, for that matter.

It need not become a political debate. A filter is either made in the USA or it is not. It is either made by a completely American company, or it is not.

If someone wants to buy American, that's up to them. There is, however, no room here to debate why one wants to buy American. We don't have giant debates about how garishly yellow PureOnes are versus the basic black of Bosch, hypothetically speaking, with both from essentially the same company. So, the fact of where or by whom a filter is manufactured is simply a relevant fact, but should not be fueling political debates.

Originally Posted By: Garak

I do see labman's point. I do agree that this is no place for jingoistic rhetoric, since politics is not the topic of these forums.

However, politics aside, country of manufacture or country of ownership can be relevant. There are plenty of people who like Japanese made Densos, but wouldn't use Densos made in another country, simply from the workmanship and construction standpoint. Others also wish to support the economies of their own countries.

So, country of manufacture or country of ownership can be just another statistic when someone wants to make a choice of oil filter purchase, just like filtration efficiency, ADBV construction, price, and colour, for that matter.

It need not become a political debate. A filter is either made in the USA or it is not. It is either made by a completely American company, or it is not.

If someone wants to buy American, that's up to them. There is, however, no room here to debate why one wants to buy American. We don't have giant debates about how garishly yellow PureOnes are versus the basic black of Bosch, hypothetically speaking, with both from essentially the same company. So, the fact of where or by whom a filter is manufactured is simply a relevant fact, but should not be fueling political debates.

FWIW, the entire box of Motorcraft (made by Purolator) filters I just bought ALL say "Manufactured in the USA" on them.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
FWIW, the entire box of Motorcraft (made by Purolator) filters I just bought ALL say "Manufactured in the USA" on them.

For me, that's worth quite a lot. If I choose to order filters online from an American distributor, I can get them imported duty free, if they're made in the United States, Canada, or Mexico. If they're marked as such, Canada Customs has no issue with them.

Originally Posted By: Garak
labman said:
I do agree that this is no place for jingoistic rhetoric, since politics is not the topic of these forums.

If someone wants to buy American, that's up to them. There is, however, no room here to debate why one wants to buy American.

Exactly why his constant German owned company bashing becomes so irritating. He doesn't seem to bash any other foreign owned companies, only a particular German owned one. This is NOT a political or ethnic bashing forum.

If people don't want to buy American for whatever reason, that's THEIR choice based on whatever factors they are using to make a buying decision. All the nonsensical spewing of buying other than American is just a waste of time IMO, as I highly doubt you are going to sway anyone from using the products they deem best for them ... regardless of where they are made or who actually owns the company that produces the product.

Okay, went from discussing the filter to where filters are made. Then buying American.

Time for a lock. Not going anywhere good.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back