Purflux LS350 cut open

PURFLUX / Sogefi is a french company. They are OEM Supplier and known for their unique zig-zag filter paper.
They where the OEM supplier for Honda car filters for Europe for about 20 years. This is the LS 350, the small Honda (and others) filter.

Made in France. Thin, soft, pliable ADBV. Metall bypass valve. Inner tube of the Filter is crimped.

Attachments

• P1060578(1).JPG
    P1060578(1).JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 153
  • P1060579(1).JPG
    P1060579(1).JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 154
  • P1060581(1).JPG
    P1060581(1).JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 153
  • P1060582(1).JPG
    P1060582(1).JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 156
Looks a lot like a Mann. Same white material for the ADBV as on my Mercedes. In fact, some Mercedes filters spec that zig zag pleated material, which they like to refer to as felt.

Boy, that center tube sure has a LOT of holes in it. I have often thought that other filters didn't seem to have enough holes in the tube to pass oil fast enough, but I must be wrong. Also, does that zig zag filter media mean that there is more media, or is it just a design.

Boy, that center tube sure has a LOT of holes in it. I have often thought that other filters didn't seem to have enough holes in the tube to pass oil fast enough, but I must be wrong. Also, does that zig zag filter media mean that there is more media, or is it just a design.
In my opinon, yes. It has more filter media in a given space.
If you put a regular filter in some kind of press, you also end up with a smaller fillter with a sort of zig-zag paper. But for sure not so neat looking like Purflux.

As long as the total flow area of all the holes in the center tube is equal or greater than the area of the center hole in the filter mounting spud, then there's no "flow issue". Besides ... PD oil pump. 😀

Back