Pureone Or WIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does one do a better job then the other? It seems that the members hold both filters in high regard

there have been 100 posts about this in the last week.

both filters are good. Personally both are too expensive go with the supertech.

This thread was started in reguards to the thread with the pics of the grip splatter in the other thread. I'm sure we'll get a ton of each using each filter but does anyone have data to backup why you choose each filter.

These would be used on a 99 4.6L and a 2007 5.4L both F150's

Ive used both before, and quite franky they are both equally good in my opinion. I would just which ever one is cheaper

Originally Posted By: BeanCounter
Originally Posted By: Billy007
Napa Gold (Wix)

Is Napa Gold made by WIX?

Yes it is!! I can buy wix for less then the gold though

The Pureone's are now coming coated in that grip paint for hand tightening and removal. That would be the only criteria Id use in choosing between these 2 as UOAs have been equal as far as dirt for me using either.

Originally Posted By: DieselTech
Originally Posted By: BeanCounter
Originally Posted By: Billy007
Napa Gold (Wix)

Is Napa Gold made by WIX?

Yes it is!! I can buy wix for less then the gold though

Good to know. I like supporting a home state group!

This thread was started in reguards to the thread with the pics of the grip splatter in the other thread. I'm sure we'll get a ton of each using each filter but does anyone have data to backup why you choose each filter.

Go with a MotorCraft and assure 100% OEM aftermarket on spec
lol.gif

This thread was started in reguards to the thread with the pics of the grip splatter in the other thread.

Take the O-ring out, clean the splatter off with some carb cleaner on a rag, then reinstall O-ring. Yeah, a customer shouldn't have to do this, but after I saw splatter on my PureONEs that is what I did to fix the problem.

Purolator needs to fix their spray process to keep all splatter off the inside area of the filter IMO. It's the only thing I don't like about the filter.

Many many threads here regarding Pure One beta ratios and flow, media and efficiency. Try search.

Never had overspray inside or under the gasket area. If that's you're priority and you're concerned about it you should go Wix.

For value (cost vs efficiency) it's Pure One for me.

Don't think you can go wrong with either.

napa gold filters are ridiculously expensive... even though I'm currently running one. I have a P1 I got at Kmart for a much better price and in terms of getting the job done I'd say it does that just as well. My personal fav filters are the Motorcrafts. I think they're great, but they don't make a full line for every application.

Originally Posted By: 4x4taco
I have a P1 I got at Kmart for a much better price and in terms of getting the job done I'd say it does that just as well.

The PureONE is actually more efficient (better beta ratio) than the WIX/ NAPA Gold filters.

I've used both ... but PureONE filters better.

For your Trucks you need a can material with 0.020" thick steel to meet Ford specs. Your choices are:

Napa Gold 1372
Wix 51372
Motorcraft FL820s
Donaldson P550965
Mobil 1 M1-210
Amsoil Ea011
Denso 150-1014
Fleetguard LF3315 Large Capacity
K&N HP-2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back