PU is finally selling here

Status
Not open for further replies.
As has been posted elsewhere, Wal Mart is closing out PU. I purchased 7 quarts (all they had) at $5 per quart. And that qualifies me for the $10 rebate, so my net cost is $3.57 per quart. Score! As a bonus, it was even SN rated. All I have ever seen and used is SM.

That left me one quart short to do both cars, as service is due on both. So, I went to Pep Boys to buy the quart I needed. I have always purchased PU here and never see the stock go down. Today, I saw that there was a dent in the shelf- others are buying it. Also, previously they only had SM. Today, the shelf was nearly full of SN. No SM bottles left.

I did ask them if they would price match. They said "sure" until I produced my Wal Mart receipt. The manager's eyes bugged out and he looked at me like I had horns coming out of my head. No dice. Oh well, I tried.

Pep Boys near me still has Pennzoil Ultra. I don't think its selling at this one though. Its $9.79 per quart, SM rated and has about an inch of dust on the bottles. They did recently start stocking PU in 0w-40. Be interesting to see if it sells or just sits on the shelf.

Originally Posted By: HyundaiGuy
As has been posted elsewhere, Wal Mart is closing out PU. I purchased 7 quarts (all they had) at $5 per quart. And that qualifies me for the $10 rebate, so my net cost is $3.57 per quart. Score! As a bonus, it was even SN rated. All I have ever seen and used is SM.

That left me one quart short to do both cars, as service is due on both. So, I went to Pep Boys to buy the quart I needed. I have always purchased PU here and never see the stock go down. Today, I saw that there was a dent in the shelf- others are buying it. Also, previously they only had SM. Today, the shelf was nearly full of SN. No SM bottles left.

I did ask them if they would price match. They said "sure" until I produced my Wal Mart receipt. The manager's eyes bugged out and he looked at me like I had horns coming out of my head. No dice. Oh well, I tried.

Its not reasonable for them to price match a closeout. But no harm in asking.

$9.79 a quart? No wonder it isn't selling.

Especially since everyone knows Pennzoil doesn't clean sludge, it causes it.
27.gif

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
$9.79 a quart? No wonder it isn't selling.

Especially since everyone knows Pennzoil doesn't clean sludge, it causes it.
27.gif

Haha I have seen a few engines that ran Pennzoil with sludge. My uncles truck with 200,000 on it when he swapped engines was FULL of sludge, and he did 3,000 oci's. My Wife's Grand Prix had Pennzoil ran in it, and it also had sludge problems. This was their regular oil though not the Platinum or anything. I wouldn't be afraid of their Platinum line though. It sounds like it's really good oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back