PTFE lube for power mirror parts?

All plastic parts. I'm thinking regular grease would be too thick especially when cold. How about this PTFE?

IMG_3803.JPG

Or use silicone grease. Silicone grease will not soften or dissolve plastic or rubber parts like petroleum based grease. Do you know what the carrier oil is in this PTFE grease?

I agree that a typical NLGI 2 petroleum based grease would be on the thick side for cold weather, especially after some time and solids separation.

What's the part # for that Ford lube?
... Okay think I found it, XG-8?

It is a petroleum based grease with some zinc in it. It would work, but I would as soon use a thin silicone grease, like dielectric grease, and apply it lightly. If I didn't have any thin silicone grease, would I use that? Yeah, if I had to, as long as it doesn't seem to separate the base oil out too fast, for example when you start to squeeze it out, if a bunch of free oil comes out, or first a plug that looks like toothpaste, that would be too fast separation for my liking... but really, I'd buy some dielectric grease because it has other applications as well.

Back