Proof that Amsoil stands by it's product!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I switched Amsoil ATF in the trans and transfer case in my '05 Explorer at 12K miles.
I feel Amsoil being a a full synthetic may help with the problems the Ford 5R55W.
Seems the Trans shifts smoother now than with the stock fluid.
I also have Amsoil Severe Gear in both diffs hoping it wiill help with the rear diff whining that many 02-05 Explorer owners experiece.So far no whine.
Will be changing out the PS fluid to Amsoil ATF shortly too.

I was worried about Amsoil Universal ATF. I've heard the myths which the Amsoil reps here have said simply "NOT TRUE". I want to switch to a full synthetic that meets Mercon V rating. Well here's the statement, hope you guys enjoy..

Misinformation about AMSOIL Universal ATF and Mercon and Mercon V Applications

Problem:

AMSOIL INC. has been informed that some AMSOIL Dealers and their customers have experienced problems with their local Ford Dealership service department when bringing in the new AMSOIL Universal ATF for installation in their Ford vehicle transmission. They have been told that: A) You cannot put a Mercon V labeled transmission fluid in a Mercon application. B) That you cannot put a Mercon labeled transmission fluid in a Mercon V application (this is true). C) That you cannot put a dual usage labeled ATF product in the Mercon application or the Mercon V application. Since the new AMSOIL Universal Transmission Fluid is labeled dual usage, recommended for both Mercon and Mercon V applications, some Ford Dealership service managers are telling their customers that if they put the AMSOIL Universal ATF product in their transmission it will void their transmission warranty.

Answer:

At least one oil company’s ATF product with a Mercon V rating does not also meet Mercon performance requirements. This has apparently caused a great deal of confusion about allowing Mercon V ATF to be back serviceable in Mercon applications. The AMSOIL Universal ATF has been formulated to meet or exceed both the Mercon and Mercon V specification, as well as G.M. Dexron III and Chrysler ATF+4. It is fully supported through documented testing. It is recommended for and can be used in ALL of the applications listed on the label. PERIOD.
If someone is misinformed on this issue and actually denies a manufacturer’s warranty coverage because of the use of AMSOIL Universal ATF Fluid in one of the applications for which it is recommended by AMSOIL INC., the AMSOIL Warranty coverage would apply. The consumer’s transmission would be repaired under the AMSOIL Warranty. AMSOIL INC. and our insurance company will legally pursue the dealership or the manufacturer to recover our costs. AMSOIL INC. would not make the recommendations on our label, or issue this statement, if we were not completely confident of our position on this matter. While we cannot control what individuals say about this subject, we can and do insure that consumers can use our product with complete confidence and without risk.

It's good to know a company will stand by it's products! So does Redline, Royal Purple or Mobil oil make any such claim in writing like Amsoil? If so please post.

It's difficult to imagine that this exact scenario hasn't been played out many times in real life.

Perhaps Amsoil would be willing to state how many such claims they have been presented with and exactly what warranty coverage the customers were finally given and by whom. Amsoil or the manufacturer, or no one.

Also, how long was it before the customer actually was paid by Amsoil or the car manufacturer and what it cost the customer to obtain a settlement.

Quote:

The AMSOIL Universal ATF has been formulated to meet or exceed both the Mercon and Mercon V specification, as well as G.M. Dexron III and Chrysler ATF+4. It is fully supported through documented testing. It is recommended for and can be used in ALL of the applications listed on the label. PERIOD.

Amsoil Universal in my '99 Dodge ATF+3 minivan made the transmission slip really bad. Amsoil told me my transmission must be bad, and tough for you. Drained it all out and put fresh ATF+3 back in. That was about 100K miles ago, same transmission running fine on real ATF+3 until the last 10K or so on ATF+4.

Warrranties are great if the manufacturer accepts liability. My experience is you will be told to get lost.

Let me first state that I like & use Amsoil products; specifically their Moly grease & anti-slip rear end additive. I use it because I find it to be good stuff.
I do not use their universal ATF. Why?
Because it is not certified to meet Toyota's T-IV requirements. My 2003 Tundra is very specific on which ATF to use. Transmissions are very, very expensive now-a-days.
I love synthetic ATF, but no producer of A/T fluid (that I'm aware of) produces T-IV certified fluid and I will only use fluid that Toyota says meets Toyota's requirements. I'm NOT going to make adverse comments on how poor or how poorly or how wonderfully Amsoil stands behind their warranty, because I simply don't know...i just would rather be safe than perhaps otherwise.

The 3309 Mobil does meet T-IV specs. I did not mean to imply that I would not use any T-IV other than Toyota brand T-IV. I would use the Mobil product. In a transmission warranty claim based completely on failure of the fluid, Toyota would hesitate no more on the use of 3309 than if the replacement fluid were the Toyota brand of T-IV...I'm convinced of that.
I use Mobil 1 Dexron III in my old Camry V-6, with complete confidence. Of course, with 178,000 miles, it's warranty is long since expired...the point is, Dexron is the fluid Toyota said to use on the '96 Camry & T-IV is the fluid for my Tundra...and Mobil 3309 is certified to meet T-IV. Amsoil is the ONLY certification the Amsoil Universal ATF has (not Toyota, not a National certification agency) that it is 'approved' for T-IV usage.
A/T's are specializied now-a-days. Ford has specific specifications for certain of their A/T's...Chrysler; GM; Honda and most of the rest are fluid specific for certain transmissions. This old man is just leery of universal fluids. Because of my caution, I've never been refused a warranty claim by any manufacturer...never had a hassle about any of them (there hasn't beeen THAT many), but some of the claims cost the vehicle maker some real money.

I hear ya' Flathead, not knocking Amsoil, but I'd personally rather use an ATF mfr'd for the specific application than a 'one size fits all' universal fluid.
patriot.gif

Instead of looking at it as 'one size fits all', look at the Amsoil, and other universal ATFs, as blended to EXCEED all the combined specs since many are similar.
The specs that I've seen by most vehicle and transmission manufacturers are nothing to brag about. This is why the OEMs keep improving and creating newer specs. IMO, the manufacturer goals aren't high enough to begin with. Thats OK. They'll go through multiple number or letter designation changes improving slowly, and maybe one day reach the level of the full synthetic ATFs sold be the boutique companies a decade ago.

I've used the Amsoil Universal ATX in my '97 Taurus SHO tranny since I saw how bad the regular stuff held up. It was rebuilt at 90k due to sprag failure and then the '99 clutches were used. This is what requires the Mercon V fluid.

Since then the tranny had been severely beaten on the road track, drag strip and regular driving for the last 3 years and 50K. Works great.

I find it odd that now the Mercon V is recommended for all Fords that were originally only suppose to have the Mercon in them.

I am leary too about a one fluid for all applications. I know the amsoil universal ATF works good in the dakota trannys that call for ATF+4. alot of dakota owners uses it. but I will not as I cant see how one fluid can be for all brand trannys.

I have heard people try to claim on amsoil warranty and ran in to a brick wall. they are no better than a dealership warranty. they say they will cover untill it comes time to have them to do it. all of them look for loop holes to get out of it and foot you the bill.

I hear that there are many people who attempt to take advantage of the product warranties. They have insurance for these claims and when a claim is made, the insurance company dispatches a claims adjuster out to investigate the legitimacy of the claim. There is a lot of insurance fraud going on so any story someone tells always has 2 sides.

A friend works in an insurance office and they have many frauds case's. You would not believe what people will do to collect on insurance.

1)...Amsoil's ATF is not rated for or licensed by ANY transmission makers. Actually, "AMSOIL ATF is recommended for transmission, hydraulic and other applications requiring any of the following specifications:...." Note "recommended," NOT "licensed." It is good stuff, but not licensed by Ford, GM, or any other transmission maker.

2)...read the Amsoil warranty. Read all of it. There are many requirements on you before they even begin to consider your claim, and many ways they can deny your claim.
http://www.amsoil.com/warranty.aspx

Ken

There will be no denial of any claims if the fluid actually failed in the specified application. All the clauses are valid and legitimate. If the implication is that Amsoil won't stand behind their products then you are wrong and frankly blowing smoke.

I'm sure Molecule would replace your tranny for the asking. I'm sure Royal Purple would replace your engine because you mentioned you used their oil. Yes, and Redline will replace your gearbox because what, you have a receipt for purchase?
Wake up and smell the real world folks.

Quote:

Amsoil's ATF is not rated for or licensed by ANY transmission makers.

I have in my hands a list of approved C4 spec'd fluids from Allision Transmission and Amsoil ATF is on the list. I can't find a link to the page anymore but its out there somewhere.

Quote:

There will be no denial of any claims if the fluid actually failed in the specified application. All the clauses are valid and legitimate. If the implication is that Amsoil won't stand behind their products then you are wrong and frankly blowing smoke.

What needs to be spelled out is that if the manufacturer says the oil caused the failure, Amsoil or any other oil company isn't just going to roll over and cover the damage.

The real smoke is an oil company giving the impression that they are covering the customer when all they are doing is saying you can take your car's manufacturer to court if they deny you warranty coverage because you used our oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back