Probably the wrong forum: Oil suggestion for hair clippers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My grooming clippers weren't working even with a full charge. I pulled the cutting head part off and the motor buzzed away so I knew the problem was in the head. I hosed the cutting head assembly with Ballistol and mopped the excess off. That freed whatever parts were sticking and it seems to work fine now.

I have been using a few drops of olive oil for my trimmer for a while now with no problems. I've heard it's also good for the hair.

Coconut oil would be my second choice, but it might tend to solidify in our house during the cooler months.
Both are going to go a little rancid (stinky) and gooey over time. That's if your shears sit for a while between uses.

Just 4 drops of baby oil or unscented straight mineral oil from the pharmacy aisle will work fantastically. No smell. No gummy gunk, keeps the rust off. After I soft bristle brush the clippers clear, I then run the clippers. The 4 drops of oil I drip on them are at each corner, then another two just left and right of dead center. Shut them off and blot any excess off of the blade with a tissue, then give the whole guard a wipe with the same oily tissue. No worries! 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back