Probably over-serviced my beater today, no regrets :)

Much respect to professional guys like yourself who no doubt are expected to fix the mistakes of those who couldn’t care less about car maintenance 👍🏻
Yes or fix things that people that try to repair mess up lol, today we were working on a cart that the customer replaced the PCM in but they slathered anti seize all over the connections on it and it doesn’t seem to be doing right so they brought it to us to try and fix.

Yes? I was quoting @AutoMechanic, a professional car technician..? Is there an issue with that?
I’d love to see some pictures of your car. People on here are always rude and critical towards me so that’s probably why someone questioned the professional guys part. According to how many complements I get on my work every day I definitely feel like a professional and a professional is someone that does this day in and day out like me. Starting next month I’ll be working at two shops one Monday thru Friday and the other one on Saturday. They think because I’m young that my opinion or advice is useless though when someone on this forum that has done it for a lot longer than me says the exact same thing as I do they don’t get any pushback on it but I do and they act like what I said was fake or something. I’ve thought about leaving this forum multiple times over that. I appreciate you treating me like I should be treated. 🙂😄😀😁.

I like the fact that you are showing pride and taking care of an older higher mileage vehicle. Most people start to short the vehicle on maintenance just because it is getting old and they don't care. It's nice that you are taking good care of it and I believe that is how you get very high mileage out of vehicles without major engine problems. I tend to change oil very early too because I do it myself and oil is inexpensive compared to turning your car into an oil burner. I don't add oil to anything I own because they don't use oil.

I like the fact that you are showing pride and taking care of an older higher mileage vehicle. Most people start to short the vehicle on maintenance just because it is getting old and they don't care. It's nice that you are taking good care of it and I believe that is how you get very high mileage out of vehicles without major engine problems. I tend to change oil very early too because I do it myself and oil is inexpensive compared to turning your car into an oil burner. I don't add oil to anything I own because they don't use oil.
Thankyou very much Sir. I have the opinion that as a vehicle ages it’s maintenance needs increase and I have always adhered to that. Just because it isn’t worth much money is no reason to let it die a slow death. Well done to yourself for taking care of your vehicles too :)

I’d love to see some pictures of your car.
4E3BF8D0-5CC2-42DF-A72A-9260ADDA77D5.jpeg500B0406-5AAA-4DB4-B881-BE201EA6EB88.jpegE87BE134-53A8-4014-A246-FD2874035C2C.jpeg147A89FF-9D0C-41E8-88A2-800298E9BCCA.jpegE97BB5D3-9F0F-4303-80EB-F4AFB890BDE9.jpeg

im sorry to hear you’ve been ill treated. You’re a professional in the true sense of the word

Good on you, bud! You lost me with the flush, though. If the old dude maintained the vehicle well it’s just not required.

What flush did you use?

If the old dude maintained the vehicle well it’s just not required.

What flush did you use?
You’re probably right but at such high mileage, carbon etc will still build regardless, and the old oil came out black after it. I used a Nulon flush, it’s hyperlinked in my first post :)

I’d love to see some pictures of your car. People on here are always rude and critical towards me so that’s probably why someone questioned the professional guys part. ... I’ve thought about leaving this forum multiple times over that. I appreciate you treating me like I should be treated. 🙂😄😀😁.
I had no idea you felt that way. I think you are an upstanding guy who adds great commentary here. Don't let a few mouthy bad apples run you off. You are appreciated here and I hope you stay.

(BTW I once felt that same way too, but I grew a really thick skin, LOL.)

I had no idea you felt that way. I think you are an upstanding guy who adds great commentary here. Don't let a few mouthy bad apples run you off. You are appreciated here and I hope you stay.

(BTW I once felt that same way too, but I grew a really thick skin, LOL.)
Many thanks. Yes I have had to control myself here and not fire back at people because I wouldn’t be here if I said what I thought to a few of them 😂. I don’t even let it get to me anymore at least I try not too.

Back