PRO TEC 57502/121 TORN!! CUT OPEN

You gotta remember though that by far most folks honest to god don't know any better or care and these super cheap filters are often being put on but a shop or quick lube they go to for their oil changes. I definitely wouldn't put these on my motor but most people would never even know.
Your so right !!👍

He's at 139,xxx on a 2018? Is your friend a courier? I'd be running a top quality syn and going 10,000 if I drove that much, just for convenience.

That’s what I was thinking as well. I’ve never seen a Pro Tec with fading paint like that. Neither the ones I’ve used, nor the ones I’ve seen on here.
I don’t know how many months this filter was on or date code

I have a hard time feeling sorry for anybody that’s using a cheap $1 dollar filter on a $5k-$6K engine replacement. People spend good money for all kinds of stuff but think it’s ok to use a cheap piece of 💩 filter. Spend a few more bucks and buy a decent good filter. 👍
I’d rather install a SuperTech or a Chinese filter if a friend or myself is aching for money but needs an oil change.

So, other day last week when it was almost 70 here; friend stoped over with his 2018 Ford Expedition. Had this filter and some MC Blend 5w30 in and on for 5,400 miles. Vehicle sees 50/50 city to highway driving. Odometer reads 139,330. Pretty sorry filter considering only 5,xxx miles. I put on a WIX he brought and some 5w30 full Syn HM CQ oil from my “overstock stash”.

Note to self: Do not use ProTec filters.

😖

So since I was second guessed here about the timeframe on filter; talked to friend. He said it was installed last fall so more like “over 9k on filter”

Back