PROTEC PXL 57502 TORE CUT OPEN

It seems these Protec filters are consistently tearing, I would cut your losses and not use them, not worth the risk and if you do use them keep it to 3000 miles max and pray.

They are junk filters, if you need to go cheap consider CHAMP. RockAuto sells the CHAMP filters for less than the Protec filters and in my opinion the CHAMP is a superior filter that I have not seen any tearing on. And if you want a silicone anti-drainback valve then go for CHAMP XL
I double checked my filters say made in Mexico on them. I'm sure they'll be fine for the 2000-3000 mile oil change intervals that car gets. I've cut a bunch of the 51515 sized protec wix filters open and they all looked awesome. Can't be any worse than the last Motorcraft FL820S I used, the metal end cap fell right off the filter element and it was more wavy than the ocean.

I double checked my filters say made in Mexico on them. I'm sure they'll be fine for the 2000-3000 mile oil change intervals that car gets. I've cut a bunch of the 51515 sized protec wix filters open and they all looked awesome. Can't be any worse than the last Motorcraft FL820S I used, the metal end cap fell right off the filter element and it was more wavy than the ocean.
I wouldn’t trust filters made in Mexico. Cut apart many Auto Extra made there and all tore. I’d go with wix or Napa gold

Back