Privacy- Many Here Worry About It. ( Credit Agencies )

You see the Experian credit boost?
Up 12 points for coughing up your utility accounts to them.
Those will be next- Don't do it!
I really and truly just don't care. What exactly are they going to do with it to harm me? You have a much higher chance of being shanked at a gas pump, imo.

I paid for a flip house and they wouldn't accept it either.
I was a good customer so my bank waved the $40 wire fee.
My local car dealers don't want any cash at all.
You're exactly right. You offer cash at a dealership,they'll just look at you with that b**ch slapped look on their faces. Cash only works at one of those sleazy tote the note buy here pay here joints.

The richer you get the more it bothers you that people are in your beeswax... If you have nothing you don't usually care.
Just another thought for you to consider. It's a personal preference like everything else eh?
It’s just a score nothing else. No one can see your information unless you neglect to lock your credit reporting agencies

True- that is the case.
Credit Karma in my experience is totally inaccurate- You did not mention it but someone else did.
Now CK lists every number on you. I looked at it yesterday to see if my login was active from back in 2016 and it was
and they reflected payments I made the day before. But their own credit score they offer is totally unrelated to the actual average score
from agencies. It's like they just make it up and CK is really promoting loans and other services and profiting from that.
That is what they are about. I guess it is good for some folks because they don't have to look around to figure how to reduce their debt.
I use Credit Karma. It gives me two scores, Transunion and Equifax. They are usually within 10 points of each other and seems both are calculated using VantageScore 3.0.

The score is based on a weekly snapshot. They don't care if you pay off the balances. If you had $10,000 in CC debt last week and now you're down to $5000, your score goes up. If your CC debt increased $5000, your score goes down.

I use Credit Karma. It gives me two scores, Transunion and Equifax. They are usually within 10 points of each other and seems both are calculated using VantageScore 3.0.

The score is based on a weekly snapshot. They don't care if you pay off the balances. If you had $10,000 in CC debt last week and now you're down to $5000, your score goes up. If your CC debt increased $5000, your score goes down.
Try this. Go to the two agencies you listed get their numbers and then go back to Credit Karma to see if they are close. My experience is CK. Does not gel with them really.
Could be just me. Something to look into. CK. Tends to be very optimistic. Thanks.
Oh forgot to say it is a good free tool. No argument there.

Try this. Go to the two agencies you listed get their numbers and then go back to Credit Karma to see if they are close. My experience is CK. Does not gel with them really.
Could be just me. Something to look into. CK. Tends to be very optimistic. Thanks.
Gotcha. I have about 5 different sources for my credit score. They are all about the same but none are the official FICO score. Last time I checked, the credit report was free but you had to pay for the score. Has that changed, do you know?

Gotcha. I have about 5 different sources for my credit score. They are all about the same but none are the official FICO score. Last time I checked, the credit report was free but you had to pay for the score. Has that changed, do you know?
You're right but many credit cards give you the Fico score for free like Discover- Bank Of America- Citibank and tons more
Plus that is good if free because FICO changes far more rapidly......... free is good ;) Good Luck
You may find FICO does not gel so well- usually it is lower- they take in far more information than the others

It's the scoring model they use. The FICO I pull for credit uses a different scoring model. Transunion is Fico Risk Score, Classic (04) and has a range of 309-839. Experian is Fair Isaac (v2) and has a range of 320-844. Equifax is Fico classic v8 and ranges from 300-850. So you see, it's impossible to have an 850 credit score as your score is whatever the middle of the 3 scores is. Vantage score used to go up 990 but the new one is also up to 850 but they weigh various items differently so you'll end up with a different number than the credit bureaus.

Reactions: JC1
It's the scoring model they use. The FICO I pull for credit uses a different scoring model. Transunion is Fico Risk Score, Classic (04) and has a range of 309-839. Experian is Fair Isaac (v2) and has a range of 320-844. Equifax is Fico classic v8 and ranges from 300-850. So you see, it's impossible to have an 850 credit score as your score is whatever the middle of the 3 scores is. Vantage score used to go up 990 but the new one is also up to 850 but they weigh various items differently so you'll end up with a different number than the credit bureaus.
Vantage score used to go up 990.......... Yes I had seen that before- thought it was weird- thanks for the update.
My credit is tops but honestly it gives me anxiety looking after it online. It can be stressful so I'm only going to check it every few months.

Vantage score used to go up 990.......... Yes I had seen that before- thought it was weird- thanks for the update.
My credit is tops but honestly it gives me anxiety looking after it online. It can be stressful so I'm only going to check it every few months.
I never check mine. Only useful for buying cars/homes. Doing a refi now, it's excellent. I guess paying multiple mortgages and credit cards on time with automatic monthly payments for the last 7+ years gets you a pretty high score.

Why are you checking yours?

I never check mine. Only useful for buying cars/homes. Doing a refi now, it's excellent. I guess paying multiple mortgages and credit cards on time with automatic monthly payments for the last 7+ years gets you a pretty high score.

Why are you checking yours?
I got a new Truck a few months back and they ran mine and told me.
Then my cc company started offering a free FICO score and I just wanted to check everything as I fell off the radar for five years
keeping my terminally ill mother alive- When she passed, I just tried to get back on track a bit to see if anything was going on.
The finance manager said he had no idea what his was either.
Last week I got a cc stolen- one I never used and I figure I better check to see if anything was amiss.
Pretty sure the cc company got hacked and not me.

I got a new Truck a few months back and they ran mine and told me.
Then my cc company started offering a free FICO score and I just wanted to check everything as I fell off the radar for five years
keeping my terminally ill mother alive- When she passed, I just tried to get back on track a bit to see if anything was going on.
The finance manager said he had no idea what his was either.
Last week I got a cc stolen- one I never used and I figure I better check to see if anything was amiss.
Pretty sure the cc company got hacked and not me.
I wouldn't bother with those scores. Just get your report and see if there's anything that isn't yours. As you get one free one a year and there are three of them, you could get one every 4 months. Most agencies report to all three although there's a few sources that only report to one so it should be a good snapshot of what they have on you. Those scores still don't track with the real Fico but at least it's a bit more realistic now. I remember people telling me they had 800 scores which I knew was unlikely as I rarely run into people with that high a score. Turns out they were more like in the high 600 or low 700 range. Which was still ok, just not excellent as they thought. The worse was 400-500 scores. Haven't seen those in a while. That's when you don't pay multiple bills and have many 1x90 or 1x120 with no payment. Usually people going through a divorce...

Back