PRIUS trade in ; $20,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
we went into TOYO dealer to see about trade in of our '07 PRIUS ( Package 2 : V.S.C. , etc. ) with 14,000 miles and was offered $20,000 . Little over 3 weeks ago would only get $18,600 and had to fight tooth and nail to get that . We've had it since FEBRUARY of '07 and got a good deal since sales were slow due to winter and gas prices being lower at that time . Now they're few and far in between .

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Why are you trading it in?

How much did you pay for it?

Take care, Bill
about $21,700 1 year and 3 months ago . Plus savings on gas . Last , car got 51.8 m.p.g. on very hilly terrain as well , lots of coasting . May trade in for '08 YARIS sedan w/ auto tranny . So would get nice sized check back . Gotta help stimulate the economy :). Very few are in the area , be months before new '08 PRIUS arrive from JAPAN . Wouldn't be shocked if charge more for DESTINATION fees .

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Time to trade it in and buy a Lincoln Navigater .I bet you would get a good deal!!!
no thanks .
LOL.gif

Unless you have a need for a different types of car, why trade in a lose out on tax and all the stress? Yaris is too close to Prius to be worthed trading for, you won't make much after tax, and you are going through all those work for nothing. Just keep the Prius.

[/quote] . Gotta help stimulate the economy :). [/quote] you meant to say give your money to someone else to increase their wealth instead of increasing yours. The economy has been stimulated enough !! Stimulate your bedingus too much and it will become irritated and sore " I learned about it on a T.V.show" That is the problem with the ecomony.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
looks like you made the trade and got a yaris. how do you like the yaris so far?
Like it very much , been averaging 43 m.p.g. so far . It's a 4 door sedan with 4 speed automatic . Rides very well too . What people forget is we got the $1,500 refund from U.S. Gov't for HYBRID , over $400 back on insurance for loan , save over $ 2,000 in interest on both loans by paying off early , and get more cash back on the insurance when loan is paid in full on the YARIS L.B.. There are many other reasons for trade in of PRIUS as well , but getting tired of explaining . So , we struck it while the PRIUS is a hot commodity . The PRIUS would only get about 5 m.p.g. more on the highway than the YARIS , better for city , stop and go commutes . Figure at $5 a gallon PRIUS would only save us about $250 for the year . The insurance is a bit cheaper for the YARIS as well , the PRIUS costs more to repair . TAKE CARE

Last edited:
Smokey, you don't have to explain anything. Heck, you made a wiser decision than I did. I sold my Prius and got a Jeep. Went from 40+ mpg to -20 mpg. We all have our reasons. I'm now trying to figure out what mine was.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Smokey, you don't have to explain anything. Heck, you made a wiser decision than I did. I sold my Prius and got a Jeep. Went from 40+ mpg to -20 mpg. We all have our reasons. I'm now trying to figure out what mine was.
thanks , we all have our motives . Sometimes it's the itch , unsatisfied , etc.. TAKE CARE

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Johnny I will tell you the reason ,it is post mid life crisis. Every thing can be diagnosed as pre midlife crisis, Midlife crisis or post midlife crisis.

Originally Posted By: AHC
Conversely, my 2001 F150 was worth somewhere around $18k a year ago and now is worth $10K!

Seriously? You'd be lucky to get 4 figures for a ~7yr/old F150 today.

Joel

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette

keep the Prius !!!!!

Or upgrade to the new Toyota Priapus.

Better think long and hard about that!!
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back