Printing a PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helping a friend make a Will from a software CD. All finished with names, dates and pertinent information and saved. I have tried everything I know and am unable to print the file. The 13 pages are readable and able to go through all the normal print functions but, it will on print the first page. I can't seen to figure out what is wrong. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Ed Hayes

What does the print preview look like?

Is there a chance the software locks the PDF to make you pay more money? (Tax software does this)

Can you install a "print to pdf" that you can then print the pdf to and then print the pdf's pdf?
laugh.gif

When you go to print in the dialogue box is there something selected like "Print the current page" or "Print current selection" selected instead of "All pages" or "Pages 1-20" for example?

A way you could prove this is to print the first page, scroll to the second page and then hit print again and see if only the second page comes outs.

Try saving and rebooting and then printing. Also try powering down the printer (not putting it to sleep but physically off). Maybe it's something with Windows print spooler or the printer itself.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Eddie
Helping a friend make a Will from a software CD. All finished with names, dates and pertinent information and saved. I have tried everything I know and am unable to print the file.

Are you trying to print out a hardcopy on a printer, or trying to save ("print") the file to a PDF?

Pls install http://www.pdfill.com/, freeware. It installs pdf printer as well. Print it like the way you would print it on a regular printer and you should get your file.

For opening a pdf, Sumatra pdf or Pdf X-change viewer depending on the options you need. Sumatra is absolutely no-frills. Pdf x-change comes with a lot of options and still lightweight than Adobe Reader.

I was able to save it to my documents and print it. Thanks to all who helped. I will/did install pdfill.com for future use-thank you moneyJohn. Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back