Prime Guard POF-111 New C&P

They pressurize them with air (or an inert gas) and then put them under water and look for leaks ... like looking for a leak in a tire inner tube. Seen a video of that in one of the filter production videos posted. Wouldn't want to put water inside the filter ... bad idea.
I didn't claim how they did it. Just what they use for testing...Air & water.

Many pages and videos on PG

The "MicroGard Select" at AAP is the same filter, just branded MicroGard for AAP ... as many know here, but some may not yet know that.

Your first C & P looks to me like a total success. Great photo's. Hope to see more C & P's soon. Thank you. Irishman

Well in the next week I’ll do an EG Fram that’s on the Buick now. In about a month will be a Mopar off of my Ram. I’ll post pics of the cartridge filters off the Wife’s Jeep too (even though less exciting). Hopefully I can put some decent pics up throughout the year with the 4 vehicles at home.

The Wix on my fox body I just realized has been on there since 2021. I didn’t take it out last year, and haven’t driven it much at all the last two, so I’m kind of interested in seeing how that one looks when I take it off this summer.

Yes, Prime Guard is made by Premium Guard. Looks amazing! I got hooked on these PG Prime Guards back in 2014 (10 years ago!) & was also my first cut here on BITOG. :) You didn't get the chop saw out like I did mine. Good job!

I bought the $20 cutter off of Amazon or mine would’ve been way worse I’m sure 😂

My first time C&P so be gentle 😂 but I’m all for advice for the future. @53' Stude has inspired me lol

Picked these up a couple weeks ago at Rural King, but looks like the date code is 2022 so these might sit on the shelves for a while.

I do like the plastic over the end while in the box to prevent rust. The can is sturdy and the “glue” end caps seem to be attached to the media well. I’m not sure what the efficiency is, some confuse these with “premium guards”. Unless I’m wrong I don’t think these are the same.

I am installing one of these on the old Buick for a 5k run that’ll take a couple months, so I’ll cut it open to see how it fairs.
View attachment 209413
View attachment 209414
View attachment 209415
View attachment 209416
View attachment 209417
View attachment 209418
View attachment 209419
View attachment 209420

Looks very nice. Love the steel enter tube. I’d run that filter 7k

You said: "They pressure test them via air or water." I clarified that they do not pressurize the filter with water since it read that way. That's the last thing you'd want to do.
Yep, they use water in the process of testing. ;)

Yep, they use water in the process of testing. ;)
Back peddling ... you wrote they "pressurize the filter via air OR water" ... which isn't true. They don't use water to pressurize the filter. You can't pressurize it without actually putting water inside the filter. Sentence structure matters. :LOL:

Last edited:
Freshness just arrived

1000002359.jpg

Back peddling ... you wrote they "pressurize the filter via air OR water" ... which isn't true. They don't use water to pressurize the filter. You can't pressurize it without actually putting water inside the filter. Sentence structure matters. :LOL:
Not true, it was written as i'm not 100% sure hence the "or". I'd read on here that they used air & water for testing but wasn't for sure how so I stated "OR". You ever made a statement that said "They do this OR that"? Make sense yet? You've clarified your position already about how it's done.

Not true, it was written as i'm not 100% sure hence the "or".
LoL ... well now you know. They do not use water to pressurize the filters during a leak test ... that would be a pretty stupid way to leak test filters unless you like pure rust and soggy rotted media with mold inside your oil filters. :LOL:

Last edited:
LoL ... well now you know. They do not use water to pressurize the filters during a leak test ... that would be plain stupid way to leak test filters that way unless you like pure rust and soggy rotted media with mold inside your oil filters. :LOL:
Might want to reply to the OP asking what it meant. :LOL:

Back