Truck prices are insane. Used or new.
When I was signing the papers inside the dealer for my Mustang, the guy in the cubicle on my right and the guy in the cubicle on my left were both buying F150s. Both of them were Limited models with sticker prices over $70k. NOT diesels either. Or Raptors. Regular gas ecoboost models.
I was the cheap ass in there buying my 37k Mustang. And my salesman was like yeah thats pretty normal actually. For every Mustang we sell about 10 F150s.
Yeah but it's easy to see why that is. The modern trucks are:
- Luxury level comfortable
- Quite fuel efficient for their size
- Not that expensive or difficult to maintain
- Cheap to insure
- Have luxuries, fits, finishes available previously only in S Class Mercedes.
- Have virtually all tech features out there
- Can be status symbols if you want
- Powerful engines and are quicker than most cars and suvs
If you can deal with the size, it's like driving your living room down the road. Trucks make a lot of sense all around.