Price jacked up on Chevron Supreme at WM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by natas
Is this someone's idea of a sick joke? 25 bucks for Chevron?!?! hahaha, that's a good one. That's like people who shell out $18-20+ for a jug of oil from autozone or O'reillys.....

I love Chevron oil. I use it all my cars. I do have concerns with SN+, I hope it does as good if not better than its older SN blend on older cars (90s-2000s). But, most people seem to believe it will be just fine. That price better be a fluke tho. I ain't paying that, hahahah.

* edit: I think I need to get an oil stash going...

That's why I posted this. It has to be a mistake. Chevron used to be the best value buy you could get on the WM website, just as cheap as Supertech and made by a more trustworthy brand.

Originally Posted by Whammo

That's why I posted this. It has to be a mistake. Chevron used to be the best value buy you could get on the WM website, just as cheap as Supertech and made by a more trustworthy brand.

I never really trusted the online price. For me, it never matches what's in the store. I need to get some more oil for the cars and figure out which one to get for the bike, so when I do, I'll reply back to this thread and report on chevron prices. I think the 10w-30 is SN, and 5w-30, unless u luck out or not luck out depending on your position on SN+ (I'm still learning), will be SN+ stock. But geography supply/demand/inventory will decide on that I guess. I'll report back when I go down there in next few days. I'll take note of other brands too. Hope there's not another war about to start to cause the jump in prices (lol).

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PimTac

I never really trusted the online price. For me, it never matches what's in the store. I need to get some more oil for the cars and figure out which one to get for the bike, so when I do, I'll reply back to this thread and report on chevron prices. I think the 10w-30 is SN, and 5w-30, unless u luck out or not luck out depending on your position on SN+ (I'm still learning), will be SN+ stock. But geography supply/demand/inventory will decide on that I guess. I'll report back when I go down there in next few days. I'll take note of other brands too. Hope there's not another war about to start to cause the jump in prices (lol).

They don't stock it at my local WM so I have to buy it online, unfortunately.

Originally Posted by Whammo

They don't stock it at my local WM so I have to buy it online, unfortunately.

Yeah I've heard that in some places (Back East, etc.) It's actually kinda hard to find Chevron over there. Poss. other places too. It grows here on trees out here in the West. Prob because refinery is located in California. Could be wrong tho.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by OilReport99
Chevron General Questions: 1-800-822-5823...Any volunteers?

You're up.

Okay... I just called! Talked to Deborah (CSR) - She said they - Chevron - don't have the answer as to what Walmart charges for the oil. I insisted... she wouldn't say
29.gif

I never made that quote.

I never made that quote.

opps..fixed [I think] I'm a n00b. Sorry about that PimTac!

Last edited:
My friend just got back to me and said the supertech was $13.50 a jug..Granted not chevron, but if supports a general consensus prices have/are/will be going up.

Just get the Havoline conventional in the six quart box. At $14.xx it's a bargain and a good oil.

I totally forgot about Havoline! I might use that in the bike come to think of it...yummy yum yum. Not "same" recipe as "Chevron Supreme", but still a good oil. Hopefully price stays that way.

http://www.pqiadata.org/ChevronHavoline10W40.html

Last edited:
I'm sure it's a temporary jump - maybe a stock issue or something. Your $12 supreme will be back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back