Price increase on Motorcraft Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bud

$50 Site Donor 2024
Stopped by my Walmart today to pick up a 820S and price has gone from 3.69 to 5.69. Anyone else run into this? I even checked with store clerk to make sure it was right and it was. Two buck increase.

crazy2.gif
Oh my word that is a huge increase.

Youch!

Wonder if the price went up at Advance? I had to buy them from Advance once or twice because local Walmarts stopped carrying Motorcraft filters.

Just checked and they're still $3.69 at AZ. Also $3.69 at PB and AAP.

Last edited:
For what you get in terms of materials, $3-$4 for a spin on filter was cheap.

The extended drains on recent Fords has probably reduced their volume so price goes up to compensate.

Used filter waste disposal is a problem. Higher prices may reduce usage.

Originally Posted By: Bud
Stopped by my Walmart today to pick up a 820S and price has gone from 3.69 to 5.69. Anyone else run into this? I even checked with store clerk to make sure it was right and it was. Two buck increase.

They still do price matching don't they? Just mention the Advance price.

Was just at my local Wally's last night...still $3.97 for most of them, but I did notice they've started carrying the FL500S and it was priced at $5.97. Maybe that's what the OP saw...

IIRC, my local WM had a few filters that were a bit over $3.97, but I don't remember the 820s being one of them. Dang.
21.gif

Ill have to recheck.

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
Was just at my local Wally's last night...still $3.97 for most of them, but I did notice they've started carrying the FL500S and it was priced at $5.97. Maybe that's what the OP saw...

Same here.

At 3 bucks and change an FL-1A is nearly a steal. At 6 bucks not even necessarily the best choice.
frown.gif

Motorcrafts have been extremely popular here on BITOG, but if they all go up that high I suspect their use will decline significantly by your typical DIY'er.

I have 10 on the shelf now. Some were $2.58, some were $2.26 depending on the discount code from advance. I wont be needing any for a year and a half or so. If the price goes up to high I might have to switch to a Fram TG or maybe a wix. The Wix can be had for about $5 shipped from fleet filter.

the 820-s and the 910s seem to be in high demand at my local walmart.

i went there about a week and half ago and they were all gone, when got some in i bought one of each and i was there earlier tonite and all the 820s were gone except i found one pushed back behind the 500s so i bought it in case the price goes up.

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord

Same at my local store. They had 3 FL-400s on the shelf. I took them all..
smile.gif

Checked the Motorcraft prices at a Walmart here in Tucson.

Sure enought the FL-500's are $5.97, the FL-400s, 820s and 920s are all still $3.97.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back