preventing bedliner from scratches

Status
Not open for further replies.
make a steel plate, 10 gauge steel, shape of your bed. If it dents that, you asked for it. Lighter/cheaper solution would be some marine grade plywood sealed in more bedliner. I also suggest not caring, and trailers.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
That's what my 5'X10' utility trailer is for, I can beat that steel diamond plate in it with just about anything!

Yep...I think I paid $150 for my little trailer. Small enough that no registration is required. Beat it to [censored] and I don't care. If it gets too bad I can spend a couple bucks replacing the wood deck. You couldn't pay me to put a load of gravel in my truck.

I just went shopping for a newer used truck and I'm disgusted with how people treat them. So many with around 100,000 miles and 5-10 years just beat to death. A diesel truck that cost nearly $60k new! Just because it is a truck is not an excuse for that. It's not ok to abuse expensive tools either. I guess some people don't mind throwing away money...

If I had to tow a trailer every day for work it would drive me nuts.

I do agree with beating trucks though, mine is almost 9 years old and looks 10 times nicer than trucks half its age. Guys seem to take pride in how fast they can trash them.

Having said that I use mine like the tool it is, and putting pallets in the back with a forklift is not abuse, its why you buy a truck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back