Pretty solid score, methinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, wow Memphis, that score of Ultra and the score above posted by Nick were WAAAAY better than mine. I guess I was just getting a little impatient, and this manager looked to be pretty stingy. Considering he turned down an offer before (not sure what it was exactly), I didn't want to push my luck. I guess I just got a "deal", rather than a "steal".
wink.gif

Jeez Louise, I just thought I had a nice stash. You make me look like a beginner. Of course at my age if I had all that oil, I would have to rewrite the will to split it between my kids.

Thanks for all the kind words. It's not such a bad problem to have.
laugh.gif

I nearly forgot about this until I was in the laundry room looking at the shelf upon which they sit.

I have to add to this oil score with a score of filters I recently got from craigslist. I had run my (small) stash of PL14610s down and needed a filter for the next OC, so this was perfect timing.

It was back in January I believe and I was at the in-laws' for a holiday break. I just thought I'd peruse CL by searching "oil" in the auto parts section. Sure as heck, about 2 weeks prior, someone posted an ad for a lot of filters for an RSX he no longer had. I cross-referenced part numbers and they all fit the Accord as well. He was asking $35 for the lot. but he took my offer for $30.

So, alas...

20140321_101947.jpg

5 Purolator L14610 (left 4 with father-in-law for his Accord)
3 Mobil 1 M1-110 (one currently on my Accord)
2 K&N HP-1010
2 Full (?) OEM replacement filters, sealed
1 Fram ExtraGuard PH 7317
1 Bosch 3323

Fourteen filters at $2.14 a pop; I won't complain one bit. Can't return them to stores with the writing the boxes I assume. I may have been able to get away for less considered he had them listed for so long (almost a month). Sometimes it pays to be bored and poke around on CL.
smile.gif

I'm just not an oil stasher, but if I find PU on clearance, I might stash that.

I was tempted a few weeks ago when I saw NexGen Synthetic on the clearance rack at Advance Auto for $3.75/qt, and in the correct grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back