Pretty solid score, methinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been frequenting the clearance corner in the auto section in the Walmart in northeast Tallahassee where there were two shelves with Valvoline NextGen, NextGen Maxlife, and G-Oil in a nix of 5W20 and 5W30. I watched it over a few months and none of it moved, complete with dust to show. I spoke with a lovely associate by the name of Patsy and asked "if I were to give a blanket offer to your manager to buy all of this oil, do you think he'll come down?" She replied "Someone tried it last week and he wouldn't budge because he could send them to the warehouse and get full price on them, but I really want that shelf space and it can't hurt to ask" she said with a smile. It was all marked with the similar prices others have mentioned: The 5qt Nextgens were $13.50 / 1qt bottles were $4 and G-Oil 5qt were $21 / 1qt were $5.

So in comes Kirby and Patsy says to him "this gentleman will buy all of this oil right now if you give him a good deal on it" as she runs her finger across the top of a jug to show the dust settled on them. He rubs his chin and says I'll do half off. I told him "done".

Not the greatest score ever, but I got 89 quarts of good quality bio-synthetic and recycled conventional for an average of $2.08 a quart after sales tax, which "should" keep me out of an oil aisle for quite a while (except for filters).
wink.gif

The final tally:
23qts G-Oil 5W30
30qts NextGen 5W20
6qts NextGen 5W30
2qts NextGen 10W30
20qts NextGen MaxLife 5W20
7qts NextGen MaxLife 5W30
1qt NextGen MaxLife 10W30

Which is added to my current stash of:
10qts Pennzoil Platinum 5W20
5.1qts NextGen 5W30
5qts QS TorquePower 10W30 (oldie, but goodie)
5qts QS Advanced Durability 5W30
5qts Mobil Super 5000 5W30
3 PureOne 14459 filters
1 Bosch 3323 filters
Other odds/ends of fluids (brake, PS, coolant, etc)

20131105_144344.jpg

So, new stash total is currently at 119.1 qts, and I only have two cars. But I have a lot of friends I love. I think they may be getting oil changes for Christmas.
wink.gif

I think I have a problem.
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: Donald

Yes, you should have gotten some driveway sealer for 1/2 off also. It needs a coat.

We're renters, so it's not my problem. But I do agree with you!

I think your stash is going to out last your cars!
My wife questions my intellegence when I buy 15L at once on a good sale...
Of course she just bought a $45 block of cheddar to save $2/lb...

Great score! You are a true BITOGER! You could open
your very own "Quick Lub" shortly. FWIW

Oldtommy

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when your neighbors watched you nicely arrange your oil stash out in the driveway and take pictures:) nice score though, wish my Walmart still had nextgen

I thought I had a problem with an oil stash before I came to this forum.

I am a very much a rank amateur compared to some on this forum. Here is my stash as of right now:

2 6 packs Mobil 1 5W-30
5 quarts of Valvoline MaxLife Full Synthetic ATF
5 quarts of Pennzoil PLatinum
18 AC Delco PF48 oil filters

I may have a few odds and ends laying in the garage, but it slips my mind.

When O'Reilly's had their $5 off $5 or more coupons and NextGen was 1.99 a quart, buying 3 per transaction with the coupons and 2 Chevron Supremes or 2 Mobil Super HM at 2.99 each back in May, the NextGen was .33 each before tax and .50 for the others.

This is only 1 day on a run for 2 stores, had plenty more from others

All in all I had 125 quarts from the month of May

2qlri2q.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job!! This is my current stash:

(4) 5-qt jugs of MexLife 5w-30
(2) 5-qt jugs of NextGen maxLife 5W-30
(1) 5-qt jug of NextGen maxLife 10W-30
(4) 5-qt jugs of G-Oil 5W-30
(3) 4-liter jugs of Mag 1 Hi-mileage syn blend 10W-40
(1) 5-qt jug of Peak 10W-30
(1) 1-qt left of a gallon of T6
(24) single quarts Edge 5W-50
(18) single quarts Edge 0W-40
(35) single quarts NextGen maxlife 10W-40
(1) single quart Maxlife Full Syn 10W-30
(4) single qurts PYB 20W-50 (for my lawnmower's transaxle) - boguht during O'reilly's promo

(4) gallons Zerex G-05 full strength (got at Pep Boys instead of Peak Global 50/50 when I had already paid for the Peak and they couldn't get it)
(2) gallons of Peak Global 50/50
(48) Rolls of Shop Tewels I got during the Oreilly promo
(32) cans of Johnsons Brake Cleaner I got during the Oreilly Promo
(24) quarts Pennzoil Dex/Merc ATF I found at Sams for $2.49/qt

I paid full retail for none of this. The G-Oil was all FAR. The Quarts of NextGen & the Mag 1 were all $2/qt. The Peak Global (And the Zerex G-05) was all $5.50/gallon. The 5-quart jugs of Maxlife - I had bought 3 of them on Walmarts website at an already slight discount, and they sent me 7!!!!! The Edge I bought when it was B1G1. The rest was misc deals I found here and there. Not buying anything else unless it's a full syn that I know I'll use for qt, MaxLife for qt, or anything else FAR or nearly FAR.

IMG_20131031_124058_zpsae22f682.jpg

Last edited:
I think you need to factor in the cost of your shelving into you bottom line cost.

But nice score! I wish I could get Zerex G05 for $5.50!

Whelp. Feeling inadequate over here.

"Do not fear death so much but rather the inadequate oil stash." Bertolt Brecht (with apologies)

Whoa, I wish I had a cool stash... I literally have one spare quart of GTX in my toolbox anddddd 5 quarts of PYB sitting in the oil pan of my truck right now, haha. That's it.

Last edited:
Hah, I love these threads...
I have 1 jug of 5w30 in stock and 4 jugs of 5w20 I am trying to sell since my car doesn't use it ( my previous one did )

I have 3 jugs of VWB and 2 MS5K

...and a jug of frankenoil I use for topoffs (T&C is oilburner, Yaris only takes 3.9qt, it's a good match)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back