Pressure washer upgrade

Good evening everyone. I’m looking to upgrade to a more powerful pressure washer. I currently have have an older Troy Bilt 2800 psi 2.3 gpm with a Briggs 675 that I bought about 8 years ago used from a guy off Craigslist. Nothing wrong with it at all, just want something more powerful.

Anybody have any recommendations? I think the horizontal shaft ones are overall better right? Current one is vertical. Not sure if I should go for something with a Honda engine or I’d there’s a better choice. Bonus points for it being available from Costco or Sams Club as they’ll take anything back for any reason.

Thanks in advance.

What kind of usage are you expecting to use it for?
Just for around the house. I don’t mind paying more for a better unit. My driveway and sides of the house can be a bear and my current washer doesn’t do that great, even with Zepp cleaner.

Get anything with a Honda engine, Simpson have served me well for years, we also use the big ones at work, just oil changes for maintenanc. Do yourself a favor and use ethanol free gas.

Costco has a Husqvarna 3200 psi unit with a Briggs and Stratton for $379.99. It goes on sale for $299.99 on April 13. You could probably buy it now and have them adjust the price when it goes on sale.

They push the engine but you need to be concerned with the brand of pump. Definitely go for horizontal setup.

I think the specs for your current pressure washer are over stated. It's a Troy Built.

You don't need a super high PSI or GPM to clean around the house.

What psi minimum do you need to clean a concrete driveway with the deck/driveway attachment??? I prefer to get an electric one...

Does your gauge show you the rated PSI with the trigger pulled? Does it matter which spray tip?
my pump is a amazon cheap replacement and is rated at 2700 psi . with a .30 tip , its hitting 2k with a green . i bought a .25 tip and with everything the same it jumped to 2500 psi. i tried the guage on a freinds pressure washer that was rated at 3000 psi and his hit 2800 so pretty close. he had a .30 tip on his. putting a .25 tip made no difference. this is all with the trigger pulled. what was interesting is that the trigger out the pressure was around 3100 and it dropped quite a bit after the trigger was pulled. my freinds only dropped a couple of hundred psi when trigger engaged

i tried loading up the unloader , but all that did was kill the engine after a certain point. amazon has .25 tips for a set for around $7 .

Recommend a power washer surface cleaner to go with whatever unit you buy. Really works with my Stihl washer.

Just picked up a used washer- I have two oils on the shelf 1/ND 30weight for the air compressor and 2/Amsoil marine lower unit gear oil without referencing the manual yet, will one suffice?
If the pump crapped out- how high can I go with a replacement- the engine being a Mitsu GT600 6.0hp?

I love mine. It started as a briggs branded unit with a briggs engine and a real cat pump. Someone borrowed it, ruined the pump, and my FIL had a new cat pump on it and gave it to me. A few years later, the briggs engine was just sad and never wanted to start, so I swapped it for a predator. A few years after that, all new hoses. The only thing original is the dinky little stand- two wheels and a single foot. But the HF motor and cat pump do Great together.

FYI a pressure washer for example that has 3000 psi and 4 GPM will out perform a pressure washer that has 3000 psi and 2 GPM. But then if them lesser does what is required,,,

FYI a pressure washer for example that has 3000 psi and 4 GPM will out perform a pressure washer that has 3000 psi and 2 GPM. But then if them lesser does what is required,,,

yep, rated pressure is only half of the story.

I have one of -THESE- . I wanted belt drive due to it spinning the pump slower, causing less heat buildup when the unloader is in bypass (when the trigger is not pulled). I don't ever let it sit in bypass very long, but still I didn't want it to ever go into thermal bypass.

my pump is a amazon cheap replacement and is rated at 2700 psi . with a .30 tip , its hitting 2k with a green . i bought a .25 tip and with everything the same it jumped to 2500 psi. i tried the guage on a freinds pressure washer that was rated at 3000 psi and his hit 2800 so pretty close. he had a .30 tip on his. putting a .25 tip made no difference. this is all with the trigger pulled. what was interesting is that the trigger out the pressure was around 3100 and it dropped quite a bit after the trigger was pulled. my freinds only dropped a couple of hundred psi when trigger engaged

i tried loading up the unloader , but all that did was kill the engine after a certain point. amazon has .25 tips for a set for around $7 .

Double check your orifice numbers.

I run a 7.0 on my washer I linked to above. It gives me great GPM at around 2,200psi for great cleaning power for my ATV, etc. I see ~4,400psi using the manufacture supplied 4.0 orifice.

Back