First time gas power washer owner....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Craftsman PW is 7 years old and still runs great. However it's the pump that may cause the most issues. I always, without fail, flush the pump with "pump saver lubricant" after every use. WITHOUT FAIL! Never a problem doing that.

I have a Karcher that is about 9 years old and 2 years ago it wouldn't spray very well so I had it taken to the repair shop. All that was wrong was a stuck valve in the pump and it works like new again. The repair man told me to run anti freeze through it before storage so I grabbed a gallon of anti freeze and poured it in the inlet hose hole and started it up/shut off/ repeat. I did that a few times and I know there is anti freeze in the pump and keep it in my heated garage. It should be fine this spring. This unit has a Honda engine and was told it has a plastic camshaft however they run quite a long time according the the repair man. I am very happy with the unit for only around $350.00 and I would consider them a throw away if the engine would blow. It is not a clone engine either it is a real Honda.

From what I've seen the plastic cam and carb hold up ok, but I'm not a small engine pro. FWIW I have an old B&S cheap Bolens push mower that was made in 2007 according to the engine number and it still runs excellent after I replaced the gasket and diaphragm in the carb. It seems like the engine will outlast the deck. My neighbor was going to throw it away because it wouldn't start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back