Pressure Washer Pump Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Cat Pump on my Ridgid Pressure Washer. It requires a specially formulated hydraulic oil ISO 68. I have some compressor oil ISO 68, is this the same thing or does it need to say Hydraulic oil?
Thanks,
Pat

I've used in mine, SAE 30 non detergent oil for well over 30 years. A light commercial application pressure washer with an 11HP Honda engine bolted to a Cat pump. The seals are just starting to go. I'd say it did well. You might want to look into it further and see if it is something worth considering.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
I've used in mine, SAE 30 non detergent oil for well over 30 years. A light commercial application pressure washer with an 11HP Honda engine bolted to a Cat pump. The seals are just starting to go. I'd say it did well. You might want to look into it further and see if it is something worth considering.

Yep. SAE 30 ND will keep a pump happy.

I just buy the CAT pump oil for mine, its relatively cheap and you know its the right stuff for the pump warranty. I also have a Rigid 3200psi PW and change my oil annually.

Originally Posted by hatt
Originally Posted by demarpaint

Yep. SAE 30 ND will keep a pump happy.

thumbsup2.gif
Yes. Mine just started complaining after 3+ decades. I think it did well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back