Pressure washer choices

The only other thing I would mention, is to be sure to have a large diameter input hose feeding the unit from the spigot. And one that's as short as possible. This will assure your pump is being fed a high enough volume of water.

Stay away from these small I.D. "Bionic Steel" hoses you see in infomercials on TV. Some of them only have a 3/16" to 1/4" I.D. They're great for watering the Marigolds, but they can easily starve a high capacity pressure pump of water. And there is no faster way to screw up a good pressure washer.

I bought a Karcher with Honda GC engine in 2009, and it's been excellent.

I used an electric for a short period and not worth the aggravation, esp for an exposed aggregate driveway.

So i bought a small green works 1.2gpm electric pressure washer for my job at enterprise car rental. I didn’t expect it to last too long but i got it on clearance and it was better than using a hose to wash cars. Wow was i impressed. It had a 3 year warranty and i did have to get it replaced under warranty from Lowe’s after a little less than a year which sounds bad but it’s actually amazing. That pressure washer saw 2 winters, was absolutely worked to death clearing off mud and snow and ice and salt, Cleaned 1000+ cars and eventually just wore out. Nothing ever broke on it. The ease, quietness, and longevity of the electric unit was so nice i would almost never use a gas unit except for some extreme task and then i would probably just rent one.

Last edited:
Electrics don't last. Unless you are spending $800+, buy any gas, M-T-M is a good brand, don't buy Dewalt. Get a wand with removable tips.

I have a simpson powershot 4200PSI commercial unit, Honda GX390, Comet ZWD pump.. that thing will take the leather hide off a cow.
and being a honda, Fuel on, Choke on, 1 pull, Vroom!
(I actually got it used, but i've had it for almost 2 years)

Back