Preferred IOS OBD2 phone app?

AZjeff

$50 Site Donor 2023
Switching from Android to IOS and need to replace the apps I use. I've been using Torque to see and clear codes, watch functions etc. , just simple things. If anyone is using an app that works better or has more I'd like to hear about it. Thanks

Which ODB adapter would you recommend?
VeePeak BLE+ works via Blue Tooth on IOS. OBD Fusion App shown.

TFT1.jpg

OBDLink MX+​

As for apps, there are probably manufacture specific apps, for you GM and Mopar, but i like Forscan and VCDS. I also use the ODB link app on non ford and volkswagen (note VCDS requires a ROSS Tech adapter

• Helpful
Reactions: GON
I remember or thought for the longest time that Apple blocked access over Bluetooth for apps like this. I have always kept an old Android device around for OBDII scanning.
Maybe once upon a time but Torque Car Pro, BlueDriver, and Car Scanner ELM OBD2 work great on Iphone.

[QUOTE="I Maybe once upon a time but Torque Car Pro, BlueDriver, and Car Scanner ELM OBD2 work great on Iphone.
[/QUOTE]
Going to have to give Torque a try with my adapter. I have "owned" the Pro version for Android for years. Will look at the other too.

OBDLink MX+​

As for apps, there are probably manufacture specific apps, for you GM and Mopar, but i like Forscan and VCDS. I also use the ODB link app on non ford and volkswagen (note VCDS requires a ROSS Tech adapter
OBDlink LX and MX doesn’t support ios.

OBDLink MX+ and Car Scanner Pro.

MX+ is a newer model that supports iOS.

I remember or thought for the longest time that Apple blocked access over Bluetooth for apps like this. I have always kept an old Android device around for OBDII scanning.
I have some older BAFX ones that only work on WiFi with IOS. It was having conflicts on trips with Waze and Pandora and constantly resetting or reconnecting. I bought the VeePeak based on others that said it was good. I have taken multiple trips now with it and no issues. Also does all the normal trouble codes, monitors for emission testing etc. It's also much smaller than my old BAFX and I was concerned about snapping it when she uses parking brake. OBD Fusion was the best rated app at the time I got it and does both wifi and bluetooth.
veepeak1.jpg

veepeak2.jpg

I use iOBD2. It works ok. Join to the device using Wi-Fi, then open the app and let it connect. But if you’re monitoring data for a while while driving it’ll disconnect and you have to unplug from the OBD2 port, close the app, plug it back in, then reopen the app. At least for me.

Back