Predator 9500 Generator $1899

Note, I looked into this generator and it seems the maximum output while, for example, running a home, would be limited to the 240V, 30A connector, which equals 7200W.

You may be able to use extension cords from another outlet to get the output up to 9500W.

Note, I looked into this generator and it seems the maximum output while, for example, running a home, would be limited to the 240V, 30A connector, which equals 7200W.

You may be able to use extension cords from another outlet to get the output up to 9500W.
9500 surge only probably. OP I have its older sister with no problems. This is a good size but is it a single cylinder?

7600 Watt Running SUPER QUIET™ 459cc

Inverter is nice if your usage is all over the place. Save a ton of gas.

.if you are consistently using a high number of watts its not necessary and wont save much gas.

It's a great quiet beast, especially for the price.

I really only have a single complaint and it's the push button to start is getting wonkier and wonkier. You really need to push it hard and sorta massage it. Cheapie switch, plings me gristle.

But dang, eco mode, super duper quiet and does the job.

Eco mode on inverter gen is great.. not so great on non inverter. I didnt have a big enough load and it blew up some connected equipment oops.
when it decided to drop to idle which made the hertz and everything way off.
We called that mistake an UPGRADE.

1700746518901.jpg

I'm not knocking the generator, just the company that sells it....
Out-the-door warranty: 90 days.
One year extended warranty: $600.
Two year extended warranty: $700. (Best value, according to them)
But at least you get a two year warranty on emissions, free of charge. :whistle:

9500 surge only probably. OP I have its older sister with no problems. This is a good size but is it a single cylinder?

You are correct, it is rated at 7600W cont.

However, with a 30A outlet on an internal 30A breaker, it won't ever produce 9500W on that outlet. The breaker would need to be 40A to provide that. The "trip curve" on a typical 30A breaker is about 15% overcurrent for a few seconds. Or about 34A for 5 seconds.

A typical generator "surge" rating is 30 seconds.

Last edited:
If you need 5KW buy a 10KW gen. My rule of thumb!
That is so true.

I generally recommend a conventional, open frame, Honda 390cc powered generator, high quality gen-head, for emergency use. As that's enough to make 6000W of continuous power, and both the engine and head can handle the occasional stress.

To your point, though, most of the time the generator is going to have a light load on it. Only when the well pump, AC or water heater kick on will the load be higher.

Back